Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This genius thinks his Model 2 is worth at least $425.00!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This genius thinks his Model 2 is worth at least $425.00!

Uh...I think that is just a little high of a price no?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...718481878&rd=1

Re: This genius thinks his Model 2 is worth at least $425.00!

yeah, to me that's very high, especially with that particular trem on it.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I think the guys fishing for a good bid. The price seems way high. Budman - What kind of trem is that?

Comment

That is called a Kahler Traditional Fulcrum Tremolo. They came on the 1986 Model 2's 3's and 3a's. Some even came with a Rockinger midi trem I beleive. After 1986, they switched to the JT6 trems.

Dave->
        Dave ->

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have the stock Traditional Series Kahler trem on my Model 5 and it looks nothing like that.

Comment

Hey Budman! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] When I got my 86 model 2 it was in near mint condition with OHC and i got it for $175. Heck even managed to get a very nine 375 deluxe for $122 . So I think this guy is on a get rich quick dream...lol [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelFK:
              Hey Budman! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] When I got my 86 model 2 it was in near mint condition with OHC and i got it for $175. Heck even managed to get a very nine 375 deluxe for $122 . So I think this guy is on a get rich quick dream...lol [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed with the dream but every once in awhile someone will buy an overpriced item because they REALLY wanted it.

86mod5: I've never seen a Model 5 with a Traditional trem, are you sure you don't have a Kahler Standard or PRO Cam type trem and you're calling it the wrong thing? Does it have a plastic spring cavity cover on the back? Do you have a pic of the guitar and trem?

Dave->
              Dave ->

Comment

budman - You're right, but I don't know if it's a Standard or PRO Cam type. It does have what I would call a cam that the strings pass over and that the bar screws into. It's a top-mount trem with no rear plastic cover obviously. I opened the Kahler instruction manual that came with the guitar and it said Traditional Series Temolos on the cover which is why I wrote that in my original post. Sorry I don't have any photos.

Comment

Yes, it's sounds exactly like the Kahler pro or standard. I have the same manual that you have but trust me, you have a much higher quality bridge than the Traditional series bridges. The Kahler pro had black stainless steel rollers on each saddle. The standard had the brass rollers. yours looks like this correct?

Dave->
                  Dave ->

Comment

That's it exactly budman. I just have a different bar than yours.

Comment

Yeah, that was made by yours truly [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dave->
                      Dave ->

Comment

Very nice work. I always liked the look of a Floyd-type bar better than the standard Kahler trem bar. Now if you can make me an RR1 from scratch, I'd really be impressed.

Comment

My mint condition '87 Model 2 was bought a few weeks ago for $142.00 on ebay. Thankfully it had the JT-6 tremolo that I will swap for a spare Schaller as soon as I locate a longer block.

This guy is so off the mark that it's laughable. I mean $250 to $300 is one thing but his price is simply fookin nuts!

I swear that no one will pay that for a Model 2 but we'll see.

Comment

|
                            |
                            |
                            |
                            \/
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Whoa! That looks alot like my old model 2...I wonder if it is? It's in Houston, and I'm in Waco.
                              Here's the pic of me holding the guitar, oh and Ted Nugent was there. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I had the same tweed case too! I sold it in the early 90's.
                              http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rif...&.dnm=d29a.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X