Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Identifying this Strat charvel

Alan,

I'd love to help..but both me and the guitar are not in America.. and adding up the shipping cost, the total will be a lot more

Sorry Bro...
    Fong

Comment

The plate looks fairly worn. It would be nice to have a closeup of it. I would say it's probably a Warmoth neck too.

Comment

I'd be all of this baby if the trussrod adjustment wasn't placed at the heel of the neck.

Fong

Comment

I think the body is a 90s charvette because the way the trem cavity is cut.Some of the jap carvette bodies are solid poplar and are fine bodies.The neck looks to be warmouth because of the truss rod adjuster is at the heel but that may be the way the Jap market guitars(strat head)were made.The 12th fret dot spacing looks right so its possible that is an original Jap neck.
          I guess if some one that has one of the Asian market guitars would chime in here a lot of question would get answered.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Strangely enough I've never seen an "Asian market" Charvel out here. In fact Charvels are pretty thin on the ground. In eight years I've only ever come across the following: A used Model 2 for sale in Hong Kong some years back, my Model 5A in Bangkok and one of thise arrow-headstocked early 90's models (whos name escapes me at the moment) here in Kuala Lumpur. I reckon the Strat-headed examples were probably made for the Japanese market only.

There are still a lot of instruments made solely for the Japanese market, but these days some of them escape. There's a store chain (if you can call two branches a chain [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) in Hong Kong called Shinseido who sell some of them. I have a Japanese market special Les Paul Jr DCTV that I got from there, and they have some o ther pretty wild stuff: I've seen Tokai Talbos, a copy of Prince's Cloud guitar, a champagne pink sparkle Flying V replica, a Strat copy with a translucent pink perspex & gold flecks body, and an ESP signature model for a Japanese guy I'd never heard of (Floyd Rose equipped Les Paul alike with H-S-S pickups if I recall correctly).

Cheers - Steve

[ April 11, 2004, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: SteveK ]
            Model 3
            Model 5A
            Model 3B
            Journeyman
            Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

Working...
            X