My Model 3A w/ EMG's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Model 3A w/ EMG's

Okay~ Time to eat a little crow. I've never had many good things to say about EMG pickups in the past. However, I just got through installing a set on my 3A and I must admit, I am now a fan of EMG pickups. In Particuliar, the 85 in the bridge position. I have 18 volts wired to these and they sound incredible, to say the very least. The 60 in the neck position is crystal clear and I can actually play some frickin' Garth Brooks sounding shit and hear every note in the chords. I have Dimarzio's on my PC1, Duncans on my RR1 and KE2, an Ultrasonic on my Model 6, and two Livewires on my Model A and this cheap Model 3A is now my favorite guitar to play, again. Of course, this will all change with the next buy. I now look forward to the EMG 81 in the Limited Edition Jackson from KEvin. Anyway, here's a shot of it. I think I got both batteries and all the wiring tucked in there pretty good. God help when I need to change out the batteries, though.

Re: My Model 3A w/ EMG\'s

just dont leave the cable plugged in!

Comment

Nice looking guitar. I am an EMG convert as well. And I leave my cable in all the time.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

looking good, Brad! I still dig that guitar. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X