Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are most import charvels so inexpensive these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why are most import charvels so inexpensive these days?

i dont think ive seen an import charvel over $700 bucks. They all seem pretty nice. especially the neck thru ones. hell theres a couple neck thru ones on ebay going for a buy a now price of 400-500 bucks! and they usually have cool active electronics these days. you could hardly get a new jackson KE3 for this kind of price. why are charvels so inexpensive? especially that $250 Fusion that i saw at the local shop

Re: why are most import charvels so inexpensive these days?

woops. someone move this to the charvel board!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

All guitars are cheap at the moment. They have been ever since 911............

Comment

shhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone our secrect. We don't want everyone to be out looking for these guitars, then the price will go up.

Charvel Model and Contemporary Series Charvels are the best deals going.

Why does a Made in Japan Ibenhad or ESPee command $700 while a comparable Made in Japan Charvel commands much less?

Comment

They are all old! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding guys. I think that a lot of pawn shop owners aren't that familiar with Charvels in general! There are a few of Model series around here for CHEAP! Most people who go to buy a guitar in a pawn shop, are inexperienced at what to look for. Did that make much sense? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally quoted by txcharvel:
            Why does a Made in Japan Ibenhad or ESPee command $700 while a comparable Made in Japan Charvel commands much less?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Model series Charvels are good guitars and a great bargain. I hope for one as a buyer they don't start selling for what the other brands sell for.
            I don't know much about Ibenhads, but comparing Charvel model series to real ESPs is like comparing apples and oranges. Charvel Model series are well made but are lower and mid level guitars(not including the models 6, 650,and 750). ESPs are a high end guitar like the american Jacksons.

Comment

its too bad ESPs tend to cost more than most american jacksons

Comment

originally posted by mudkicker...
                ... comparing Charvel model series to real ESPs is like comparing apples and oranges. Charvel Model series are well made but are lower and mid level guitars(not including the models 6, 650,and 750). ESPs are a high end guitar like the american Jacksons
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">originally posted by PallarAndersVisa ...
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by mariner99:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">... comparing Charvel model series to real ESPs is like comparing apples and oranges. Charvel Model series are well made but are lower and mid level guitars(not including the models 6, 650,and 750). ESPs are a high end guitar like the american Jacksons
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">originally posted by PallarAndersVisa ...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's so confusing about that?

Back on the topic at hand, basically all "eighties" guitars can be picked up for nothing right now, even MIA stuff. Just changing trends, that's all. They'll go back up, eventually, especially some of the rare and weird MIJ pieces, as well as certain Jacksons, Hamers, and Kramers.

Comment

quote:
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    "...comparing Charvel model series to real ESPs is like comparing apples and oranges. Charvel Model series are well made but are lower and mid level guitars(not including the models 6, 650,and 750). ESPs are a high end guitar like the american Jacksons"

Ah, no. ESP's are not comparable to USA Jacksons, sorry. They're made in Japan for one thing...
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I tried to sell my Model 5 about two years ago to raise money for a Les Paul. It's an all original 86 and in great shape. A local shop wouldn't give me more than $150. GC wouldn't give me more than $200. I decided not to sell because I was insulted by the offers. I'm now glad I didn't and bought a Les Paul anyway.

Comment

yeah, charvels are very underrated by most.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                          Ah, no. ESP's are not comparable to USA Jacksons, sorry. They're made in Japan for one thing...
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Japanese make great guitars.
                          Originally posted by charvel750:
                          Everyone who has one knows the Charvel 750 is the finest Charvel ever made, USA or not.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So then I guess the 750 isn't really that good then its made in Japan. As for the ESPs I can only speak for the Lynch line. I have owned 11 of them and everyone of them has been an outstanding guitar. Other than needing a setup thats all they ever required. No sorry one did have a volume pot failure. But unlike some of the Jackson warranty horror stories I have read on this board, I shipped my guitar from Ca. to Ny. and it was back in 10 days. How is that for service. They have been as well built and look as nice as any American Jackson I have played.
                          I am not going to get in a pissing match with you about who makes the better guitar. To me it's a mute point both Jackson and ESP make some of the best guitars out there.
                          PallarAndersVisa sorry I hijacked your thread.

Brian

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Ya see...every time I check out this thread...

...I keep thinking I have somehow wandered into the ESP forum by mistake! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No, you're thinking of this one:

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...;t=002053;p=98

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X