Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any journeyman owners out there?

Guys,

I have a line on a N.O.S. Charvel Journeyman in Rising Sun for a good price (around $400, but I'm in Europe so that's cheap!) - Has anyone got one, and if so what do you think?

Cheers
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Re: Any journeyman owners out there?

I do not own one, but my buddy had a rising sun Journeymand...and I wish I would have bought it. It played great and the finish is very cool.

It that's your thing, I don't think you could go wrong for $400 in Europe.

And remember, they don't make 'em anymore.

Comment

Yeah (see avatar) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Mine's a plain Jane natural. Plays great and the coil tap gives you some flexibility. Mine cost me a lot more than US$400 though, more like US$475, 'cos here in Malaysia the prices for all gear are more like those in the UK than the USA.

The Rising Sun finish looks great. The new Jackson/Charvel dealer (took over from the one where I bought mine after the Fender take-over) had one in and my wife seriously wanted me to buy one just so she could hang it on the living room wall!

Cheers - Steve
      Model 3
      Model 5A
      Model 3B
      Journeyman
      Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

I will soon be a journeyman owner, and a rising sun at that [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

But I'll be damned if it hangs on a living room wall... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Aha, I see you misunderstand me. My wife is also a guitar player, (although being a classical guitarist Wendy's far less susceptable to GAS than me and has so far only got as far as having four instruments) and so she has no objections to there being ten guitars hanging on the living room walls, five amps in various corners and a POD next to the Hi Fi. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
          - Steve
          Model 3
          Model 5A
          Model 3B
          Journeyman

Comment

AHH well you have it made Steve... That is one major hurdle most of us have. Wives complaining about buying another guitar. Glad your wife plays too... makes it that much more enjoyable I am sure.

Comment

Ah yes Steve, my apologies [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I have found the best remedy to a wife being against your GAS is not to have one [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Amen, brother!
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelFK:
                  AHH well you have it made Steve... That is one major hurdle most of us have. Wives complaining about buying another guitar. Glad your wife plays too... makes it that much more enjoyable I am sure.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hear you on that one. I too wore those shackles '90-'95. You have my sympathy. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                  Model 3
                  Model 5A
                  Model 3B
                  Journeyman

Comment

Working...
                  X