Model 6 Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 Charvel

I once owned a Model 6 with a Kahler Tremolo. Would that make it a 1986 model? Also I've seen internet photos of a model 6 that the owner referred to as a "soloist"? Was there actually a model 6 soloist? My guitar was a gorgeous dark metallic "pink-ish" color that is hard to describe. Anyone know what this color might be called? That was an awesome guitar and I gigged with it extensively. I almost never had to tune the thing! It was the most reliable guitar I've ever had and due to financial problems, I had to pawn it and couldn't bail it back out! If there was a jackass of the year award, I would win it. Can anyone answer my questions regarding the year and color?

Re: Model 6 Charvel

Most likely an '86 since by 1987 they began using the Floyd style JT-6 tremolo. You can also tell by the serial number, if after the letter C there is the number 6, you can bet it was made in 1986. Jackson referred to that color as Burgandy Mist, and there was a hint of metallic flake in it. Other names for it were salmon and deep pink.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
      Most likely an '86 since by 1987 they began using the Floyd style JT-6 tremolo. You can also tell by the serial number, if after the letter C there is the number 6, you can bet it was made in 1986. Jackson referred to that color as Burgandy Mist, and there was a hint of metallic flake in it. Other names for it were salmon and deep pink.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, when I bought it in 1995 I had little knowledge of charvels but when I played it I loved it immediately and bought it for $400. That was by far the best guitar I've ever owned. I'll always regret losing it in hock, just hope to find another one some day. I also own a Jsx-94 Concept and an Epi Les Paul standard. I love the Les but the Jackson gets more attention.

Comment

People will put "soloist" in their ads because it is basically the same thing as a soloist.

Keep an eye on Ebay; model 6s sell on there pretty often, at anywhere from $300 to $500. If you like the Kahlered version those are actually cheaper most times because most metal guys prefer Floyds. I like both trems so I'm happy with my '86 Model 6.

A 650XL is basically the same guitar but with Floyd, a 5-way switch and the toothpaste logo. I like the miniswitches
        because you can get any combo, but most of my HSS guitars have 5-way switches so
        I'm used to both.

Then there's pawnshops; I got my first Model 6 at a pawnshop for $125! Sold that one though, which I regret. Look around though, you never know what you'll find.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

MOAIP, please hurry! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I like this pic

Comment

That worked well...how about this

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rif...&.dnm=d29a.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by txcharvel:
                That worked well...how about this

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rif...&.dnm=d29a.jpg
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah I miss that model 2, I asked someone about the Kahler trem. I heard it called a "spyder" style model? I'm not familiar with that term. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Gary Powell:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Accept2:
                  That Kahler model was called the "Traditional."
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Was that factory installed? I never knew if that one was the original trem for that model or installed by previous owner. Excuse my ignorance. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, it was factory installed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you kind sir. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Dave->
                  </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Was that factory installed? I never knew if that one was the original trem for that model or installed by previous owner. Excuse my ignorance. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Powell:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Accept2:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Was that factory installed? I never knew if that one was the original trem for that model or installed by previous owner. Excuse my ignorance. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, it was factory installed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                        X