new addition to the family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new addition to the family

I just picked up a new one from Mark (mm2002). It is a bone stock 1987 lipstick red model 4. I'm trying to decide whether to keep it stock or switch the pickups and rip out the active boost. It is in pretty good condition for its age, but I might just sand it down and do a refinish on it. Haven't decided yet. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures I ripped from Mark.

Re: new addition to the family

Very sweet, Model 4s are great guitars.

Congrats [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I wouldn't mess with it too much. The paint looks to be in good shape. If anything, get a graphic done on it! And maybe switch out that JT-6 if you are one of the "anti-JT-6" crowd.

Comment

Yeah, the paint is in pretty good shape. There is one small chip in the back side, but that doesn't bother me at all. As far as the JT-6 goes, I so rarely use a trem, that I might just block it and play it that way. But, who knows?

Comment

Very nice, I'd leave it also. The red looks nice from the pics!

Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice Model 4.... Looks great the way it is. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

All right, it has been decided. The red stays. Now, what pickups to put in...? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah I'd leave it as well. Do you not like the current pick ups with the mid boost? I'm getting a new circuit board for my Model 6 (same color) but if I still don't like the sound I'm gonna do a Hot Rails (neck) Cool Rails (middle) and Screamin Demon (bridge) config.

Comment

Wow.. nice guitar..

Practically the same is on eBay.de (german). I could buy it (one day to end, current bid is €200), but I have to convince my father to let me use his creditcard (I'm 17, so I'm not allowed to have one).

Paint looks really cool.. I love red guitars... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
                    Yeah I'd leave it as well. Do you not like the current pick ups with the mid boost? I'm getting a new circuit board for my Model 6 (same color) but if I still don't like the sound I'm gonna do a Hot Rails (neck) Cool Rails (middle) and Screamin Demon (bridge) config.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My 650 has almost the same config that you're talking about. Except I've got a Distortion in the bridge. I thought about doing the exact same thing in the 4, but I like a little variety with my pickups. The Screamin Demon is looking like it might be the frontrunner for the 4's bridge. I'm still undecided, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X