Pawn Shop Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pawn Shop Charvel

Looked around in a Pawn Shop today and saw a Charvel. It was Black had a black pickguard, 3 single coils, bolt on neck, maple fretboard and Guitar shaped logo. It was behind the counter and I couldn't see what they wanted for it or the bridge type. Anybody know what model this is? Doubt I'd buy from them seeing as how they had Squier Affinity strats for $170 but I still thought I'd find out what it was. Thanks!!
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Re: Pawn Shop Charvel

Model 1A

Comment

It absolutely is a Model 1, but it could be a Model 1, or par example an Model 1A. The 1A has a pointy headstock, the Model 1 has a Stratocaster headstock.

I am about to buy a Model 1A, at the moment, does anyone have more information on this guitar?

Thanx in advance

Comment

This one has a pointy headstock. Thanks Guys!!

Comment

the Model 1 & the Model 1A both had pointy headstocks.

The Model 1 had no pickguard, one humbucker, rosewood fingerboard and a trad trem. The Model 1A had a pickguard, 3 single coils, maple fretboard and a trad trem. And looked like this:

<center></center>

Jack, the guitar you are looking at is definitely a Model 1A

[ April 04, 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Vexx:
            It absolutely is a Model 1, but it could be a Model 1, or par example an Model 1A. The 1A has a pointy headstock, the Model 1 has a Stratocaster headstock.

I am about to buy a Model 1A, at the moment, does anyone have more information on this guitar?

Thanx in advance
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">None of the "model" Charvels had strat headstocks.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

That's the exact guitar hanging in the Pawn Shop Vit G. Anybody know what they are going for these days, just in case I wander back that way?

Comment

Further down the list of threads in this forum you'll find a thread by hotrodder. I think it's called "Blue Book", or something ot that effect. It's a pretty good rule of thumb as far as pricing goes.
                How do you think we fund this organization? We're not exactly the March of Dimes.

Comment

My knowledge of model specs is far from complete, but did not all Model 1's have a maple fretboard? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

All Model 1s had maple fretboards. The only other maple boarded guitars were either the Model 7 (optional rosewood) or the Model 4M.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

it could be a model 3 right?
                      i had two model 3's that are strat shaped, pointy head stock but had rosewood fretboards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer:
                        That's the exact guitar hanging in the Pawn Shop Vit G. Anybody know what they are going for these days, just in case I wander back that way?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">buck fifty is the average...
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

In addition to the Model 1's all being maple boards, they also all had v-trems. Anything else will be a model 2,3,4,5,6, or even 7.

Comment

Working...
                          X