Can someone identify this Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone identify this Charvel

I brought a Charvel today, I was wondering if someone could identify it for me?

The serial number is... 333790

I'm waiting for my batteries to re-charge and then I'll post some pics [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: Can someone identify this Charvel

We'll need pics or a whole lot more of a description to let you know. Numbers don't mean a whole lot. Post pics when you can.
    [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Simo:
      Cheers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I thought it was from around that period, accept from the paint flazing of the fine tuners it's in amazing condition.

Eccuse my shite knowledge of Chavels but do the Fusion models have a smaller scale neck than standard 25.5?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All Fusions are 24.75".

Comment

Thanks I had an idea they were but I wasn't 100%sure. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Can anyone give me anymore info on them, prices etc?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That is one nice Fusion! I'm thinking I might need to pick one up sometime.

Comment

I picked up my fusion special (lower end fusion) for $175 in bvery good shape. FOr one like yours I m9ight pay $300 or so, maybe more.

Comment

ooh...just noticed you have the same single locking Floyd as mine....you will most likely want to replace that thing. The way the saddles are, they bind in the slots and make fine tuning a chore. Also the intonation is a pain to set.

Comment

The Floyd has been great so far, it's got a Charvel logo on the top and 'MADE IN GERMANY BY SCHALLER' on the lower ridge.

It's got no fret wear, the electrics are silent and clean, the neck is perfectly straight and there's hardly a mark on it... I paid £200 (I'm in the UK)

Comment

Eta...

It's not the single locking Floyd like on the Special. Look closer. It had shorter locking barrels than you might be used to looking for.

BTW, if the only Fusion you've played is the Special, do yourself a favor and try to play one of the others, especially the Custom.

I've had a lot of Fusions and they all are amazing, except for the Special. I liked mine for about 3 days and then I hated it. It was dead mint 10/10 but I still got rid of it. (At a small profit mind you [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ). The Floyd was terrible. Not that it was single locking, but it just didn't stay in tune.

Comment

I have to say I wasn't looking for a guitar with a Floyd Rose, I just sold my Jackson RX10D because I found it a pain in the ass but this Schaller trem works perfectly, the strings are totally f**ked and black but it's stayed in perfect tune. I'll re-string it tomorrow and then I can really tell how good she plays [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Simo, thats gorgious mate, great score, i'm always on the lookout for ones like that

Comment

Comment

That is a Fusion Custom, from 90-91.

Great guitar. I have one and its my favorite Charvel.

Comment

Cheers [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I thought it was from around that period, accept from the paint flazing of the fine tuners it's in amazing condition.

Eccuse my shite knowledge of Chavels but do the Fusion models have a smaller scale neck than standard 25.5?

Comment

Working...
                            X