No announcement yet.

My first Charvel? Might be!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's Kahler's Floyd copy it's not like a regular Kahler.

Comment

Go to the thread mod 2 refinished eerie dress to have a better look at this type of Kahler.

Comment

Here is mine with the Kahler. The Kahler is high quality but I can't keep it in tune. Very nice player though!

Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

jcm800x, is that when you use the trem for divebombing and stuff, or generally when you just do bends and play?

Because I can manage without using the trem so much, if that keeps the guitar in tune all the time Not an excessive trem-user

Comment

I have trems on just about all of my guitars and I rarely even fit the bars to 'em. I like them, but just don't use them much, and I like how a Floyd feels under my picking hand.

btw, here's my Model 2. Gotoh Floyd, added tone knob & toggle, Dimarzio Super 2 in the bridge & HS3 in the neck. She's pretty & a fantastic player too.

I would love to find an unsullied example though. Sometimes think it was a shame that someone felt compelled to mod her. And I rarely use the neck pickup
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by TheDragonknight
              jcm800x, is that when you use the trem for divebombing and stuff, or generally when you just do bends and play?

Because I can manage without using the trem so much, if that keeps the guitar in tune all the time Not an excessive trem-user
              I'm in a cover band right now and I need to bury it! I use my dk2m for those songs!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I think there's also a double-locking Kahler Floyd you can get to replace the original one, without having to redrill the post holes. I think it was called "The Killer" (?) or some such thing. Don't know if they still make it though.

Comment

Man, I've found a new Charvel in teh neighbour-country Sweden..

Hawt. I might drop the Model 2 for this one, Silverflake beaut-eey.

Comment

A 475 DLX in silver sparkle! Wow! Go for it!

That type of licensed trem is also a really good one, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane
                      A 475 DLX in silver sparkle! Wow! Go for it!

That type of licensed trem is also a really good one, btw.

The guy is slow answering e-mails.. some guys have a life
                      so I dunno if the guy would ship to Norway yet.. I really really hope he will

Comment

Real slick man Lucky bastard lol, finding superhot Charvels just around the corner, in the neighbouring country haha
                        I suppose it's about being at the right place at the right time, with the right kind of money

Keep on rockin' in the free world
                        "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Missed out on the 475, but miraculously a 375 in silversparkle showed up some days afterward..
                          Closing in on this guitar as we speak.. I've found someone who's interested in buying some of my stuff, so that makes it a whole lot easier..

Comment

To each their own. I would never choose a 375 or 475 over a Model 2. I have 2 Model 2s and one 375 Deluxe. It has sat in its case for years. Yeah, the schaller is much better than the JT6 trem. The full size strat body is what wins it for me.

Comment

Well, looks like it's back to the Model 2 now anywhoo..

The guy who had the 375 apparently sold it yesterday without telling me..

Comment

Working...
                              X