Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Charvel Model 3 as well?? :S

Hi all,

Since I'm new here, I would first love to point out that I love your board. I think it is really cool that boards like this exist and that you can get an answer to, almost, every question you would ever want to ask about Jackson or Charvel guitars. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Right, on to my question.. I can buy this Charvel guitar for 330 euro. That is around $400,-, I think. A hardcase is included. The seller says it is a Model 3, but on the picture I can see a guitar with three single coils. I actually thought that the Model 3 has a HSS-configuration.

There is a Kahler bridge on the guitar, which I believe is original. The seller says the guitar is built in 1987/1988. The serial no. is 281553.

I hope you guys can help me...

Thanx in advance,

Vexx

Ps. Here is the pic which is included in the ad..

Re: Is this a Charvel Model 3 as well?? :S

that's a Model 1A. And that's actually a vintage-style trem, not a Kahler. Nice looking guitar though.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Right, so it is a 1A? I thought that the Model 1 series were replicas of the Fender Stratocaster?

And I really like the tremolo on it, since I've got a guitar with Floyd Rose, and I wanted something else, this time. My other guitar is an Ibanez RG2550EX (equipped with an Edge Pro bridge). I think the bridge on my Ibanez is cool, but if you break a string, changing takes too much time.

Do you think it would be able to place a humbucker in the bridge position? In some Fenders, it is possible since there is additional space underneath the pickguard.

How are those single-coils by Jackson? Any good? If they suck, I'll install Seymour Duncan Hotrails, or something.

//Edit: VitaminG, your signature is very funny [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got a Model 1A. The route under the pickguard is of the "swimming pool" variety ie. a big square chunk of wood has been routed. You can either keep the pickguard you have and get one of those single-coil sized humbuckers, or you can instal a full-size humbucker with a new pickguard.
        "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPete:
          I've got a Model 1A. The route under the pickguard is of the "swimming pool" variety ie. a big square chunk of wood has been routed. You can either keep the pickguard you have and get one of those single-coil sized humbuckers, or you can instal a full-size humbucker with a new pickguard.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Aha, it's nice to hear that I only have to replace the pickguard when I want to install a humbucker.

How are those single-coils sounding? Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by Vexx:
            I can buy this Charvel guitar for 330 euro. That is around $400,-, I think.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, $401.71
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

>> How are those single-coils sounding? Any good?

They're ok. With rare exception, I replace stock pickups. In the case of my 1A, I put a Dimarzio Fast Track 2 in the bridge and Fast Track 1 in the neck and middle position. They're humbuckers, as I wanted a Strat-style guitar with humbucker tone. I've got a Model 1C (HSS) that has Bill Lawrence L280's in the neck and middle - BEAUTIFUL single-coil tone!
              "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

What do you guys think would be a normal price for this Charvel Model 1A? A hardcase is included. The seller asks 330 euro, but she thought it was a Model 3.

I live in the Netherlands, so the prices will be a bit higher than in the USA.

edit: I almost forgot, the guitar is in a near mint/mint condition.

For how much discount could I ask?

Thanks in advance...

Vexx

Comment

Working...
                X