Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Model 2 finally arrived. Great guitar with a crap JT-6 tremolo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Model 2 finally arrived. Great guitar with a crap JT-6 tremolo!

My model 2 arrived today and I spent a great deal of time setting it up and tweaking it. The stock JT-6 tremolo got maybe 15 minutes of playing time before I tossed it up for sale on ebay and installed a spare Schaller Floyd that I had.

Night and day!

Now I have a great guitar and as soon as I source a Full Shred I'll be even happier.

Does anyone actually like those JT-6 tremolo's? I find them to be pretty much a royal pain in the butt and tone robbing as well! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: My Model 2 finally arrived. Great guitar with a crap JT-6 tremolo!

I think the JT-6 tremolo sucks.
    I´ve had it on a couple of guitars, and i can´t stand it!
    Just my opinion though...

//Jonzkij

Comment

never had a guitar with a JT-6. My Model 2 has a Gotoh licensed Floyd. Great, solid trem.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I like the JT-6 just fine.Got 2 model 2s and an 87 USA jackson with a JT-6 all work perfectly.I like real floyds too but the JT-6 hangs in there with the best of them.I use the trem a lot and the JT-6 has never let me down. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I prefer an Original Floyd, but the JT-6 seems to work fine on my Model 2.

Comment

My take on the JT-6:

Great design

Wretched metal quality

I actually love the way the fine tuners are to the rear and out of the way, but it's some of the worst pig iron I've ever seen. I'm also not crazy about the Kahler-style locking nut being behind the nut. That almost defeats the whole purpose.

Now, if Schaller or another good company would make a version of the JT-6 with some decent metal, it could be a killer bridge.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this. On my high E string, I have to use needle-nosed vice grips to change strings because the allen head is so stripped and another one is getting close.
            Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

I dislike the placement of the fine tuners. I like them the same way I like my women, on top.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Tekky!

You kill me! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The only one I see is the one you told, ninja, and I like it. The other I saw is one very incomplete.

Comment

I loved where the fine tuners were on the JT6, and the fact that the saddles are all the same height but just on "steps" built into the baseplate, and the fact that there was a little nut on the bottom of the saddle screw and all you had to do was loosen it a little and be able to move the saddle from front to back without needing to take the screw out at all. I also dug the pop-in bar. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] They stayed in tune perfectly when I had my Model 6 and Model 5A.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think that the Jacksons JT-6 trem design is just as good as the Floyd Rose. The main problem is that for some reason, people don't take good care of JT-6's, and their performace suffers because of it. As long as they were kept clean, and still are, then they really are great units.

Comment

I am curious about them myself. I am getting a Model 2 really soon, and I am curious about the JT-6 Trem, never had one. Jack.

Comment

If you have a stripped string lock screw just cut a slit in the end and use a flat blade screw driver to lock the string into the saddle until you can find a replacement.Side note I have bought at least 20 used C/J and USA Jacksons that have had the JT-6 and I have not gotten a bad one yet. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The JT6 on my Model 6 is just fine, but I need to find a new locking nut for it.It has a deep groove at the A string. Wear and tear I guess.

Comment

Ninja, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for your Model 2?
                              "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Working...
                              X