• Show
Clear All

• Predator Specs?

Does anyone know what the specifications on the Predator are for these:

Body Wood:
    Neck Wood:
    Scale Length:
    Fret Wire:
    (i cant find my old catalogs with this info)

Im thinking about getting some custom shop duplicates for myself. Id really appreciate any help..Thanks!

Re: Predator Specs?

I think the body was poplar or basswood...someone else will probably have more info on that, but I'd say poplar.
    The necks are maple, reverse angled headstock with tilt. (they're not one piece)
    Boards are rosewood with white dot or maple with black dot.
    25.5 scale, 22 fret
    Jumbo.. a guess would be 6150's.

Jackson-Charvel catalog link, (under 90-91)

[ March 14, 2004, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

All you need to know is they kick arse.

Comment

Thanks! A few companies have approached me for endorsement I need the specs so they can work on a test model for me. They promise it will be amazingly close, yet different enough to escape any legal issues. Ived tried for the last 2 years to get a Jackson endorsement. Guys like Chris Caffery(Savatage), Thomas Youngblood(Kamelot), and Jack Frost have tried to help me but since Fender took over..nothing has been said or happened..total shame.I really love my Predator, but Ive been playing on it for so long it needs to be retired..Thanks again guys!

Comment

PREDATOR

Intro: 1990
          Disc: 1991

Made in Japan

Pickups:[*]Neck: Jackson J200[*]Bridge: Jackson J90C

Controls:[*]Volume[*]JE0005 5-way blade switch**

Hardware: [*]Jackson JT590 Tremolo[*]Jackson/Gotoh die-cast tuners

Woods:[*]Body: Alder[*]Neck: Maple[*]Fretboard: Rosewood

**JE0005 switch order:
          [*]Neck[*]Neck/Bridge(split)(parallel) [*]Neck/Bridge(series)[*]Neck/Bridge(parallel)[*]Bridge(series)

[ March 15, 2004, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd, the neck pickup should be "J-100". The J-200 was the epoxy covered pickup used in the active circuit equipped guitars.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yes correct Joe but I'm not sure it was called a J100? According to the catalog, it had a "single coil sized blade humbucking pickup at the neck".

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Actually I just reread my post and you aren't correct Joe(sorry about the confusion), it was not a single coil, it was indeed a single coil sized blade humbucking pickup. Now whether or not the bladed style pickups were J-200's is beyond me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
                Dave ->

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                  Todd, the neck pickup should be "J-100". The J-200 was the epoxy covered pickup used in the active circuit equipped guitars.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you have anything to back that up Joe? In working on the MoAIP, I have several applications where the J200 stacked humbucker is used in both active and passive guitars.

**I'm not saying you're wrong, but before I change things I need to be 200% sure.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd, just look here for now:
                    predator catalogs/90-91

It's small but you can read it for yourself, unless the catalog is wrong, which is not so far fetched. It just doesn't "label" the pickup for us.

Dave->
                    Dave ->

Comment

"Single coil blade humbucking pickup".

The J-200 is a stacked humbucker. The J200VS is the blade version of it. However, if it doesn't label the pickup, then what evidence do I have other than the old MoAIP pages?
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Well, good point, Joe, or anyone else that has a Predator, could you look under the pickup for us? Hopefully it's labeled....... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Dave->
                        Dave ->

Comment

Ah, yes, I was mistaken. It is the dual blade single coil sized humbucker, as used on the original USA Warriors and some of the Charvel Fusions. From what I know, those are Kent Armstrong wound pickups, but not Jackson models. The wiring colors and schematics are different. I pulled them from a few guitars and there is no label underneath or any markings. I have never seen a factory installed J-200 without an active circuit. Nor have I heard of a J-200 variant. Were the Model 3DR's equipped with these dual blades?
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Not that I've seen. All the 3DR's I've played had the normal single coil strat type 100.
                            BTW Rick, listened to your MP3's, great stuff! Wish you much success!

Comment

The few predators I have seen all had the dual blade type. According to the Jackson electronics info, the J-200's were only intended to be used with the active circuits. Yes, they are the epoxy sealed ones-I currently have 6 of them. However I can say that they work very well as a passive pup.

Comment

Working...
                              X