Green Mutt......completed pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Mutt......completed pics

Thought I'd move this to the proper section.
    Anyhoo, I got her done this morning. I had a couple of minor paint issues with this one (a small patch of solvent popping on the rear due to the extreme heat and humidity), so my choices were to repaint it again, or put it together and play the shit out of it. I chose the latter! The only other issue I'm working on is that it appears that the model 7 neck has a smaller fretboard radius than the other "model" series, so I'm ironing out a radius problem with the Floyd nut retro-fit. I probably should have just put a Kahler "behind the nut" lock on it and been done....but nooooooo! She plays great though, and this is my first experience with an EMG SA, I'm really liking the tone of it! The color is UBER Bright too! Just like I'd hoped!

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

extremely nice work...love the slime green...looks like you broke open those little light sticks and poured all over a guitar - you achieved bright for sure!

Comment

assembled in the USA, I was.....assembled in the USA

was the "glow" in the pictures an intentional effect? You're getting some kind of halo around the guitar in the pics

That looks great. The painted reverse headstock & maple board....very cool
      Hail yesterday

Comment

dude, long scale??

what model body is that? recessed heel??

i bloody need that exact same guitar!!!!!!

it looks AWESOME!
        Last edited by Davey; 07-23-2006, 02:45 PM.
        You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

That is the most fresh and eucalyptic looking axe i ever saw! Looking at that guitar before going to bed, i don't even need to brush my teeth! It's so sparkling fresh i got mint breath already! It's like getting Tiger Balm in your eyes and enjoying it! That guitar is ice cool, Mark! Green Bleed!! :ROTF:
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Nice.....and that was fast!!

Comment

Wow, that's my dream guitar. Wish Jackson would build this exact guitar as a production model.

Comment

Is that one of the ones that had to be sent back because of paint issues? :ROTF:
                I voted for blue anyway!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                  Is that one of the ones that had to be sent back because of paint issues? :ROTF:
                  I voted for blue anyway!
                  Do you really think we'd see it fixed already??? :ROTF:

Great job Mark!
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Awesome, Mark!! I always thought the radius of the Model 7 neck was a bit smaller than my others, but wasn't positive.

Comment

Thanks Guys!
                      VitaminG, I don't know what caused that green "halo". I even noticed in the pics that the black pups and hardware took on a greenish hue. All I did was point and click the pics with my cheapo digicam. The color is ungodly bright though, probably has to do with that and the camera flash "saturating" the pic.

Davey, the body is a Charvel Predator, which is a 25.5" scale, fully recessed trem, and a scalloped heel.

DG, I think you are correct. Dave (Budman) is helping me research this as we speak. It definitely made me scratch my head a little when I got the nut mounted and saw that the high and low E strings were higher off the first fret than the middle strings. It's not much, but enough to make it feel a little "wierd" when playing on the first two or three frets. All of the model series that I know of had a 12" radius at the nut end, but I swear this one has to be a 9" or 10". Anybody else ever put a Floyd nut on a model 7?

Comment

Looks great,Mark!As usual.........................
                        Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

ok, I just went through 2 Model 7's checking the radii of them and both are definitely 12" radii.

If you'd like to make your own radius gages, all you have to do is is take an old yardstick and drill some holes at the positions you'd like to have. For instance, drill a hole at the 12" tick mark and hold a nail at the end of the yardstick and put a nail through the hole at the 12" mark. Pivot on the nail at the end of the yardstick and scribe a radius line on a thin piece of plastic or cardboard. Cut it out and you have yourself a crude but functional radius gage.

EDIT: One more thing, you can cut thin little slots into the radius for the strings to go through so you don't have to remove them. I will say that you get a better reading without doing this though as the difference is so minimal between radii that you need all the area of the edge that you can get depending on how precise you're trying to be!
                          Last edited by Budman68; 07-23-2006, 06:32 PM.
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Very cool. but don't you know that EMG's are the devil?

Comment

Thanks Dave! I don't know what's up with this one then, as it's definitely a smaller radius. I would get an oddball huh!

Comment

Working...
                              X