Journeyman guitars..pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journeyman guitars..pics

you should just be able to replace the trem posts pretty cheaply. THey probably got grooved somehow by somebody messing with the action or something, or could be they are made of soft metal.

Journeyman guitars..pics

I said "Journeyman guitars" because "Journeymen" would be incorrect and "Journeyman's" sounds stupid!
    Oh well, pretty good guitars for the money. I gave a rediculously low amount for these guitars because I bought them all at once.
    The trem posts have these mysterious lines all the way around them right where the trem itself meets it and rests. And I mean deep grooves, the metal is scarred. When you dive up or down, the trem wants to "jump" from one groove to the next.
    I'm going to replace them with Wilkinson's if the VS50 is a good fit. For the time being, I'll just ignore the tremolo all together. At first I thought they may have been played, but they were brand new. No swirls in the finish, absolutely perfect. Which is something I can say, the body finish, neck, frets and fretboard are great.

Comment

Re: Journeyman guitars..pics

That is a sweet trio of guitars. What made you want three? Was it a deal to good to pass up?

Comment

Yep. I had been thinking about getting one of these anyway and thought if I could find them cheap enough I may even get 2 . But the guy I got these from said he'd make me a good deal on the 3 since they were the last Journeyman's he had.

Comment

This usually happens when the trem height is adjusted by turning the posts while the guitar is tuned to pitch and has pressure on the posts.
          The guys in Japan could have done it before it even left the factory LOL!!!

Comment

I love the Journeyman series. It's just too bad they used that narrow stud spacing for the trem. Gotta hack it up to put a Floyd in. If it wasn't for that I'd have bought one long ago. Still, damn nice axes bro!
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X