Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4, 6?? Please Help

Hello Everyone!

I also am having some problems identifying my axe. I bought it about 5 years ago from my local music store knowing little about guitars other than I liked how it felt in my hands.

It says Charvel by Jackson on the head stock.

The serial number is C6xxxxx i forgot the last 5 digits (I'm currently away from home).

It has shark tooth inlays, kahler hardware with whammy bar, three (h,s,s configuration) pickups with a volume and on/off toggle switches for each one, it has one removable panel on the back of the body. It is a beautiful dark navy blue.

I think it's either a model 4 or 6 but not sure which.

It also came with a tweed hardshell case that says charvel jackson on it (is this the original case??)

Re: Model 4, 6?? Please Help

Very easy to tell..
    Model 6= Neckthru
    Model 4= Bolt-on
    [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

it's an '86 Model 6 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Hail yesterday

Comment

The "C" in the serial number indicates that it is a neck thru so my vote is a model 6
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks everybody for your help!! This site rocks!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

welcome to the brethernhood [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

harrald

Comment

Today's mini-English lesson:

"Brethren" is a synonym for "brotherhood", so "brethrenhood" is like saying "brotherhoodhood". You don't want to do that because it's just wrong. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

J/K, Harrald!! And welcome, Ollhand99! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Maybe Harrald can school you in the Dutch language.... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

He didn't say "Brethrenhood" though. He said "Brethernhood". WTF does that mean?
                  How about "Bro'hood" ? I like that one! That's what the JCF is, a Bro'hood between guitar lovers! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                    He didn't say "Brethrenhood" though. He said "Brethernhood". WTF does that mean?
                    How about "Bro'hood" ? I like that one! That's what the JCF is, a Bro'hood between guitar lovers! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bro'hood it is!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

ok, sorry, I will put it in another way [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

welkom bij de broederschap der JCF

Harrald

Comment

come on... it is basicly what I wanted to say, but due to my lack of knowledge of the english language resulted into a english class (which I definately need(ed)) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . btw, it does not sound THAT different from english: I think you all know JCF [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] , welkom (welcome), broederschap (bro'hood), so go figure what it means [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Yah das ist zer goot. ? is that right? no I probably fucked that up. you'd think I'd know this My Dad teaches German (Deutsch). I am so rusty. Ich leibe Jackson! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
                            ok, sorry, I will put it in another way [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

welkom bij de broederschap der JCF

Harrald
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well said! (although I have no idea what you said [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Dave->
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Das ist zehr gut!!

Ich sprechen ein bischen duetch! mein Duetch ist ok aber mein english ist besser!!

Ich leibe Charvel alles!!

Guten Tag!!

Oilhand

Comment

Working...
                              X