X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID question please

Thanks Tekky [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: ID question please

My 475 has the circuit board on the volume pot...I wonder if you could get different active electronic setups for the same series guitars.

Comment

if its really a 475 you got it for a great price.

And nice quote. Brings back memories. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Humm the circuit board may have been on the volume pot. I didnt really pay that much attention to it. I just sprayed some pot cleaner in the pots, stuck a battery in it, then put the cover back on. So much of the guitar needed a lot of work that I didn't pay much attention in that area. I saw that 475 you got (rgto). And I thought I had gotten a deal at $119.00. Hehe. My Spectrum has the same finish on the body as your 457. But my spectrum is not much of a guitar Im sorry to say.

Comment

ID question please

I probably should have posted this in the import charvel forum, admin move it if necessary.

I bought a Charvel from a pawnshop for $119.00 this past week don't have pics yet but I was wonderong if someone can ID it from a description.

It is in a H.S.S configuration, maple neck with rosewood fretboard 22 frets, MOP sharkfin inlays, Toothpaste Logo on the headstock (paint). Has Schaller made Lic copy Floyd Rose. 3 pot with 5 position switch. the middle pot is mounted on a small circuit board. This circuit is does not have the same function as my Charvel Spectrum.

When I took the neck off it had 475DX stamp in the neck cavity. Pretty sure that is what was stamp there didn't write it down. I don't know if that is the model or not.

Thanks for any info.
          Mathyus

Comment

It is a 475 DLX..
            Occupy JCF

Comment

I've got $90 worth of new parts on the 475 and I had to refret the neck. You can't see the chips in the body because of the finish, which is good. The floyd was blocked by a piece of wood with electrical tape around it and had no springs or claw. All of the intonation lock screws were stripped and of course, no trem arm. I would've happily paid $120 to have saved some of that work [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] but it needed to be rescued! It also had 475dlx stamped in the neck pocket just like yours. They're pretty cool, aren't they? Every time I pick it up, I feel like playing some Dokken! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine required a lot of work mainly just a lot cleaning along with a fret mill the Floyd Rose was rusted pretty bad. I let it soak in WD-40 all night then took it apart and cleaned it. There is cosmetic damage including a nasty scare where it looks to have gotten scaped. But it doesn't effect the sound or playability. I have paid a whole lot more for prettier guitars that didn't play or sound half as good. Sweet Guitars. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Gonna try to post the pics here goes.

Not sure if the pictures will pull in, so I am posting the link to my page as well. Also have a few new Pics of my SL2H.

Home page

Mathyus

Comment

You hit the nail on the head.Thats what every body here understands.You can pay way more, but buy a used charvel spend less money and get twice the guitar.You get a gold star on your report card!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X