Black Bullseye Pics...Model 1 Transformed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Bullseye Pics...Model 1 Transformed

I bought a mint model 1 from Mr. Graphic a couple months ago and had an idea....send it out for some new paint. I love the black Bullseye so I went for it and it just came back to me today. I shit you not when I say this guitar is in pristine condition neck and fret wise. I wish you could see the white better as I had him use a pearl finish so it's real cool looking....added a Custom 5 while I was at it....anyway here it is. Hope you like it Thanks to Doug for selling the axe to me and Shawn for the huge pic he sent so I could have the painter use a reference. Thanks to Len too as I might use the chrome tuners he sent to make every other tuner chrome...on the fence about that still

Awesome! Who did the paintwork? Someone local? I can see the sparkles in the neck plate shot. NICE!
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

all what Scott said & asked..

Comment

Actually Lee from GMW..I know some members have had issues with him but he was unbelievable. Great communication, sent me pictures while paint in progress and the guitar was shipped to him and shipped back to me within 7 weeks. It was a great experience and the work is just awesome. Cant even feel any lines between the black and white anywhere on the guitar. Thinking about having him do my string thru Kelly next. Highly recommended!!! Price was real good too...

Comment

look's fantastic!
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Looks very cool. I'm a sucker for b/w graphics and using pearl white is a great idea.
            No top lock?
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
              No top lock?
              Model 1's have a V-trem
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

ehh yes.. and a top lock, right? I feel like an idiot, but I told ya - I'm no Model expert All Model 1's I've seen had top locks and a fulcrum tremolo. I don't get it..

Did the Model 1 evolve from 1986 through 1988, having a top lock in '86 and no top lock in '88?

Sorry quakana, for my endless trem rambling
                Last edited by jackson1; 07-11-2006, 04:20 PM.
                Henrik

Comment

No prob Jackson1

Comment

ehh yes.. and a top lock, right? I feel like an idiot, but I told ya - I'm no Model expert All Model 1's I've seen had top locks and a fulcrum tremolo. I don't get it..

Did the Model 1 evolve from 1986 through 1988, having a top lock in '86 and no top lock in '88?

Sorry quakana, for my endless trem rambling
                    Finally I get to correct YOU Henrik!
                    The guitars you're referring to are model 2's. In 1986 the model 2's had the Kahler fulcrum and Kahler string lock. The model 1's all had the v-trem and no locking nut. (even the model 1A, which had 3 single coils and a pick guard)
                    In 1987 the model 1's still had the v-trem with no locking nut, and the model 2's had the JT6 double locking system.
                    Last edited by mm2002; 07-11-2006, 07:29 PM.
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Dude, that looks killer. Congrats!
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Thats killer man
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002
                          Finally I get to correct YOU Henrik!
                          Haha, you're welcome Mark, I can take it!

In 1986...... The model 1's all had the v-trem and no locking nut.
                          See, here's where I get confused. A 1986 Model 1 has no locking nut, you say...
                          Here's a Model 1 from the 1986 catalog. What's that "thing" behind the phenolic nut in the picture?

Is this a prototype then... a misleading catalog picture?

In 1987 the model 1's still had the v-trem with no locking nut,
                          That, I agree with. Here's a 1987 Model 1 (no top lock):

Henrik

Comment

Here's a Model 1 from the 1986 catalog. What's that "thing" behind the phenolic nut in the picture?
                            Obviously, that's not a Model 1 - its a rare Model 1LN. These were hand made in Fort Worth before Charvel was sold to Fender and they moved to Japan.

Seriously - good eye on that one. I've never seen a Model 1 with a locking nut. It wouldn't make sense either, since there's no fine tuners on the bridge to retune once you've locked the strings.
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

WOW...that rocks...I bet Lee might see a bump in quotes / refin business after we all see that!

Comment

Working...
                              X