750 XL neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 XL neck

Could anyone give me an idea on the neck profile of the 750 XL? I prefer a thicker neck on my guitars. For example, my two favorite necks are my Hamer Mirage and my Charvel 650 XL (which is pretty sizable compared to what others have said about their 650's or model 6's). Does it compare to the thicker Hamer or even Gibson necks? Thanks in advance.

Re: 750 XL neck

It is thicker (like a hamer), with a wide/flat 24.75" scale FB. Fairly meaty....
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

The actual neck is very similar to the 650, of course the scale length is shorter. You'll be right at home with this model, finest Charvel ever made...
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have never felt a neck I like better than my 750XL. It plays as well as my 85 SD RR and feels as good too imho.

Comment

Joe, I take it you really like the 750s??? Just a wild guess.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

When I first started thinking about a 750 Joe was the one I went to for advice on what to look for. He is definately THE MAN. BTW Joe, you are right, htey are the best Charvel ever!

Don

Comment

It isn't as fat as a "59" LP neck & it has much more contour and character.
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X