Model 4 Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 4 Pics

I snapped some pics of my Model 4 this past week. Originally, this had a red body - when I bought it a couple years ago, it had been painted over with a flip-flop teal spray which I was able to take off with rubbing compound. I eventually replaced the red body with the Pearl White you see here. I just put in the EMGs - 81, SA, SA w/ 18v - and used a pickup ring from Budman I bought a while ago. I'm going to put in either an EMG Afterburner or a midrange boost in the third control hole.

Also - Khaler's rock!

-------------------------
    Blank yo!

Khalers do rock I just wish that the locknuts were Floyd style instead of behind the nut. And why did Charvel use such a big humbucker in their guitars.....thank God for Budman and his majic pickup rings. Anyway, the pearl is very classy and that is a nice lake also, where was the pic taken?
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

Looks great, nice job. I love your back yard to. You are a braver man than me with that first shoot. :-)
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by SGplayer; 07-14-2006, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys - I took those picks up at Lake Otsego, outside of Cooperstown, New York. I don't get much sunlight in New York City, so I have to wait for outdoor getaways to take pics. The porch is about 75 feet above the lake - so it would have been some drop!

SGplayer - thanks for the diagram - looking at it, it seems that both tone pots would affect all pickups - is that right? I originally wanted to do a tone pot for the singles and a tone for the 81, but then I figured I would want some other gizmo in there anyway, like the afterburner some other EMG thing-a-mobob.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
            Looks great, nice job. I love your back yard to. You are a braver man than me with that first shoot. :-)
            It looks like if a bird would have landed at it or you breathed to hard or looked at it the wrong way it could have wound up in the drink, definately brave!

That Pearl White is a great color! And it will only get better with age.

Comment

Working...
            X