New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here!

I am the proud owner of a model 2 I just scored a couple weeks ago.It's one of the blue ones and is just about mint. There is no fret wear at all on this guitar and not one ding on the body. It is just like a new guitar for and 88 model. I had a good friend set it up yesterday and it plays like a dream. I have no pics as of yet but will post some when I get them.One thing is I like the trem but will be putting a ofr on this baby.Just wish they would have used better metal on these trems.

I do have a question if you pros don't mind answering. Do these pups have adjustable pole pieces. My buddy who did the set up on my model 2 found these on ebay. Plus are they a j-90c pup. They just say model 2.Thanks again.This place is a wealth of information,Shane
    Sorry about putting this in the other two areas if the mods can delete those other two post that would be nice. Thanks
    here's the link
    http://cgi.ebay.com/80s-Jackson-Charvel-Model-2-Bridge-Humbucker-PUP-U-S-A_W0QQitemZ170006208968QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33044QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Welcome to the JCF!

Be sure to read the forum rules;

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855

And post pictures of your guitar!
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I have never seen one with a sticker on the back that sez model 2 on it, but they came with a J-90c, so that,s probably what it is, and that one row of pole pieces are adjustable.
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Hi Shane O,

Welcome, I am new here myself. Sounds like my story as well. I just recently just got my first Charvel and it was a mint 1988 Electric Blue Model 2 as well. I love it too. Was already set up pretty good with VERY LOW action. I love it. Anyway, while cleaning it up, I removed the pickups and the sticker on the bottom had the model number of the pickup "J90c." You most likely have the same.

PS: I also changed out the 500K pot that sounded a little scratchy with a 1 meg pot, it really brought out the sound of the J90c. Almost gives it an EMG 81 type of sound (at least to my ears anyway!)

Hope this helps!

Here's what mine looks like....along with my Jackson:
        http://www.filehigh.com/serve/6449/191257.jpg
        Last edited by jrnic; 07-10-2006, 09:00 AM.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

I've seen at least one of these with a sticker on the bottom that said Model 1 and Model 2. I'm not sure if it was the J-90c though. I think I pulled it from my Model 1 and I'm pretty sure that I have a picture of it at home, I'll check later in the day.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Alvin
          MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Welcome Shane! There's a lot of knowledge on this board. You'll be glad that you signed up... I sure am

Just so you know, pics of your guitar are mandatory
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Thanks guys. I will post a pic soon. I don't own a digital camera at the moment. One thing I did is I took the cover off of my pup. I think it looks better that way. My pup is the j-90c. I think my friend just would like those other pups because of the adjustable pole pieces.

Comment

If you need it:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson
                  I've seen at least one of these with a sticker on the bottom that said Model 1 and Model 2. I'm not sure if it was the J-90c though. I think I pulled it from my Model 1 and I'm pretty sure that I have a picture of it at home, I'll check later in the day.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Alvin
                  I could not find a picture of the pickup, but I did find an old Classified thread where I sold it to our very own member, Jackson-Charvel. This is my text from the thread:

Anyone need a J-90C from a Charvel Model 1? Logo is worn, labeled J-90C, Model 1 and 2 on bottom. Plenty of lead left.

Alvin
                  MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Working...
                  X