Jackson mid-boost problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson mid-boost problem

Hi guys, finally got my model 6 up and running from cleaning it up and changing strings and when I fired it up, I noticed that when I turn the volume knob, I get a noise that is intermittent and sounds like a howling/feedback type sound coming out of the mid-boost system. Has anyone experienced this? Only happens on the volume pot.If I tap gently on the knob, it quits. Tried to clean it but doesnt help. But when its not making that noise everything is fine except that I don't care for that J-50BC pickup at all. Thanks, Bob [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson mid-boost problem

Yep, need to replace the pot. The volume pot actually attenuates the signal to ground and if you hit a spot that's open it'll scream like an unplugged cord stuck between your toes!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
      it'll scream like an unplugged cord stuck between your toes!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummmm, you do this often [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Must be a Missouri thing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey mm2002, thanks for the help. It definitely sounds like somethin to that effect. When it happened, I was cranked up on the old Marshall and it felt like the unplugged cord stuck in my ear [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Bob

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mm2002:
          it'll scream like an unplugged cord stuck between your toes!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ummmm, you do this often [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Must be a Missouri thing [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LPC, you never tried it?? You don't know what your missin' son!!!
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
          X