Model 5 (part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 (part 2)

My model 5 is up and running again. I wired her up today, Kent Armstrong ultra distortion

humbucker, Switchcraft electrics.

After my last pics, people were moaning about the dry neck, but the board on this model 5

seems to have really open grain, like my 475 deluxe, and even after oiling they are still

quite porous, any ideas?

Anyway, hers a pic of her as she was:

And heres some I just took:

A lot of people say that the guard is a bit Squier '51ish, so this is now my Charvel model

51!

that does look very cool in a retro kinda way

Comment

I like it! Don't worry about the fretboard. One of mine is very similar, & has some light grain even right after oiling. If it really bothers you, you could do the dye thing & ebonize it. Budman has done a few that look really nice. Some others can look too black & fake, imo.

Comment

u know whats really nice actually the colour..its come out soo well in the photos its a truly awesome red

Comment

mhUK, don't worry about the fretboard. As you mentioned in your previous post, flash will make is look much worse. The same happens to metal that is slightly corroded. You can't see it when looking at it, but take a photo of it with flash and suddenly it's rusty as hell.

Your modded Model 5 looks classy. Good job!
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That is sweet in a retro kind of way.Good job.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

yeah my Model 2's board grain is similar to that, not quite as much white grain though.

nice ax, btw!
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

i have a couple guitars with pretty open grain like that. i cant stand it!

Comment

i like the pickguard its look very good

Comment

wow, that does look really retro... i can dig it!

Comment

looks terrific.

Comment

Working...
                      X