My new Model 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Model 2

Well, on a whim the other day (and quite a few beers), I pulled the trigger on an old Model 2. The body has been refinished some sort of flip flop purple color. It's got some pick marks on it, and could probably use quite a bit more clear. But it is better than I expected. At first glance, the JT6 looks to be in decent shape, but shows some age. It's got a Duncan 59 in it, which was covered as there is quite a bit of wax left over along the sides. :ROTF: However, the selling point for me was this: a maple/maple Warmoth, fat back, strat head neck with some nice figure.

Here are some pics I shot really quickly. Forgive the poor quality.

I was planning on keeping the neck for my Tele project and selling the rest. But, I do have a chrome Schaller Floyd sitting around that might go nicely with it. Maybe I'll sand it down and do some kind of wild refinish. Maybe I'll relic the shit out of it and play it like that. Or, maybe I'll just keep it like it is and have one more guitar that I don't need. We'll see.

Cool, nice neck!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Nice!I have bought several guitars" B.U.I."....Bidding Under the Influence!
      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

I saw that one and almost bid on it just for the neck.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat
          I saw that one and almost bid on it just for the neck.
          That's exactly what I did. The body is already sold and I've got the neck on my Tele project.

Comment

Nice toes!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
              Nice toes!
              He has to stop wearing pumps.
              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                Nice toes!
                Of all the guys to notice.

Comment

Working...
                X