Poor mans Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor mans Soloist

OK guys, I'm just curious, what do you think about my project axe? I got this model 5 "bare bones" from Budman and it was definitely used but not totally thrashed so I did some paint work and a few mods. It now has all chrome hardware, two j90c's, and a PRS wiring scheme. Man, this thing really plays and sounds sweet and since I couldn't afford a Soloist or a PRS it was the ticket for me. There was quite a bit of filling and refin work required to make the chrome pickup rings and j90's look decent but whaddya think? I guess its kind of a mutt now but what the hell!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Re: Poor mans Soloist

Very nice!! I would take in a heartbeat.It looks good with the chrome rings on it.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Hey, model88, if you really like it I'll trade ya for your 88! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Very smart, man. I'd take that in a heartbeat. Despite what some around here say, I think chrome hardware on a black axe looks really sharp. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Very sharp!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] You know what i think would finsh it off? Chrome pickup covers (ala gibson). Still looks great as it is though. VERY tempting!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

looks really great!!! I bought a model 6 for exactly the same reason why you bought a model 5: a soloist is to expensive and will do the same mods like you did [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

harrald

Comment

Hey that looks great Mark! So glad to see that it didn't just sit somewhere and has a happy home. Enjoy it bud, they're EXCELLENT guitars...... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                Hey, model88, if you really like it I'll trade ya for your 88! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice try [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] But I am not ever letting it go.It might not me highly collectible and worth BIG money. But it was my first real guitar an it has sentimental value . [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Wow, that looks sweet with the black and chrome! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'd like to have it, but, uh, well, I don't touch anything with a Kahler! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Handsome guitar! I like the chrome rings. I'm sure it plays killer! Have fun with it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That is awsome dude, and I also like chrome hardware on Black guitars and really love the Kahler Pro. congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I've watched that guitar from the time that Dave bought it and the transformation is amazing. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X