Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Identifying please!

Hi Kids,

Picked this up in a shop here in town today. Paid $250 out the door. This is my first Charvel, and I have another one coming (475) that I got on ebay, but I have an issue with waiting and just fell for this one today.

I sat down, played my first Charvel, and instantly smiled. THATS THE SOUND I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!!!! I had bought so much other stuff, and all I needed was the right tool.

Serial Number is 236259

Here are some pics:

My First Charvel

The Questions I would have would be:

The whammmy bar didnt come with it, but they found one that fits OK. Does anyone have an original?

The Kahler trem says USA-Is that correct for this model? Does it all look correct? Fretboard etc...

I tell ya, Some people want to know if they "got a good deal", but in my case, as a guy in the process of just learning, value is all in the eye of the beholder, and for how happy I am to finally find the sound I was looking for, it would have been a deal to me at ten times the price.

Any comments on my first Charvel are warmly accepted.

Ok, gotta go burn some more chicken on the grill.
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: Need Help Identifying please!

It looks like an 86-87 Model 2. It certainly is worth 250 but you can get them got about 150-200 on eBay.

Also no need to post the same thread in different sections
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yep, Shawn's right, its an original model 2 and that is the correct trem for an 86 model, they went to the jt6's later on. You may have paid a little too much considering todays market on the old jap charvels but in my opinion you got a hell of a guitar for 250 smackers! (the pearl white ones are somewhat rare) After you get to know it a little go down to your local music store and play a few "new" guitars in the 400 to 600 $ range and you'll go home realizing how much money you saved!!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ August 30, 2003, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

You're missing the fine-tuners, which are sort of hard to find. You can't reach Kahler these days, so you might buy another trem off of Ebay that's like it,
        for parts? Doc Dryer might be able to help: [email protected] or maybe Joe
        [email protected] could help. I can't see whether your lock nut is complete; those are usually stripped of the clamps and screws too, when the fine tuners are gone. That is a super-common thing that is often missing from lock-trem guitars, and don't buy the "every store's got 'em"
        story, that is bullsh!t!

Anyway,best of luck with Doc and Joe; they carry lots of parts. So does Dave
        (Budman) whose email I can't recall. I would take the whammy bar off and put it somewhere where I'd now EXACTLY where I put it, if I were you. Even if you feel comfortable leaving it on and playing the guitar, one of your buds will invariably decide it's in his way, take it off and immediately lose in in the other dimension portal that's under your couch cushions. If you have a case, put it there; if not a safe or toolbox, just someplace you remember you put it.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks Lerx,

I will try those options, and I am getting a mint Trem from another guy here on the board. As far as the whammy , thanks for the advice. Luckily, I have my own room for my gear, and nobody really wanders in here, except for my 2 year old, who now thinks all the guitar gear is hers.

None of my friends are daring enough to hear me playing after only 6 months of learning..LOL

Thanks again,

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X