Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question?

Nice 3 hotrodder. Please ignore my previous post and forgive my state of confusion, what I meant was that I haven't seen a 3A with the Kahler. (I have 2 3A's with jt6's)
    [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Here's a 3A for you Mark [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] :

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RgAuA2UVo*Z28LpJw*3CZLxIXO3xyPJjZUJebKkv!bZ5QxNtZ 4LPlhXqer5QjQADu5Y1LYimwJuMxz9nLy7WE1eSNptNaYRfSvs NcboGWSY/pg11.jpg?dc=4675432024588537821[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

http://freespace.virgin.net/john.bla...kahlertrad.ZIP

And here is a PDF of the manual for the Kahler Traditional..........

Comment

hey Dave,

I relpaced it with an original Floyd. Since the spacing was far enough apart and a little further back I didn't bother having them filled, just left the bushings in there. Also back then they only had the old type wood screws for FRO's so they werent very wide anyways. I didn't do the install myself because I didn't know how back then [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] This used to be white with black pickguard. I refinished it surf green. I did fill the original kahler holes with wood putty when I refinished it tho.
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Ah yes, I forgot about the 3A's with the pickguard. Don't see them very often. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Hey Shawn, I remember that one. I thought you did a real nice job on that one. Love the color..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yes definatlely looks nice.

Comment

Looks very nice!!!

But, I have one question.

What's with the pickup rings on a pickguard? It seems redundant to me. Please don't get me wrong, I'm not slamming you on it, it's just that I'm curious whether that was an aestetic decision or there's some other functionality behind it.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering about the trim rings too. I figured it was maybe a 1A pickguard which originally had three singles and the neck and bridge holes were enlarged for the hums. The trim rings would hide any sloppy cuts (like if I did them!) But I have another question too, what's with the control pot placement? Model 1A's had three controls and model 3's had two but they were placed lower on the pickguard???? This one looks like it should have three but the bottom hole is gone???
                    hmmmm.........still a kick ass looking guitar though.

[ July 29, 2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: mm2002 ]

Comment

Dave Murray used to have the bezels for his pups on a couple of his Strats. That always bugged me! LOL
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'll agree with that.. to each their own.

Comment

Again, I'm not slamming it, I'm just curious.

Hey, the Dinky Standard has a clear plastic pickguard, other than an oversized pickup ring, it really has no purpose. And it's one of my main players.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

I just like the chrome bezels....no functionality or purpose. I have them on a couple other pickguarded charvels as well...I'm so used to them that humbuckers look naked to me without them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

it is really just a strat pickguard from WD music minus the 3rd hole.

[ July 29, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Shawn Lutz ]
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Cool! Thanks Shawn! Looks good!!
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

I just bought a 3A and it has an original floyd on it, no pickguard, 2 Jackson humbucks. I looked in the back catalogs that Jackson1 has, pretty interesting if you have any of the models. No new price sheet though. Anybody know what they cost new? I'll put a picture up when I figure out how.

Comment

Working...
                                X