• Show
Clear All

Re: Model 3 or 4?

Nice!!! Congrats!!!
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by stevenh:
      I just traded my Peavey Wolfgang for Crankdaddy's Model 4. I should have it by Friday. Jackson Floyd, w/ Sharktooth inlays. I always wanted a Model 4 when they came out, now I finally have one. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's a Model 4A brother...4A. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Dana &lt;~~~
      '85 Rhoads Custom
      '86 SD Str*t
      '86 Model 4 (5)
      '87 Model 1
      '87 Model 6
      '88 Model 3DR
      '90 650 XL
      '94 KE-3
      '97 DR Amberburst
      '97 Dinky BOFlames
      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
        each his preferences [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] the only thing I really hate actually, is that I can't switch with one flick from bridge to neck (wich will be changed), because that are the PU's I use, the middle one is pretty useless.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do it in one flick... you just have to get the hang of it. Switching from the neck to the bridge is kinda like snapping your fingers. your thumb snaps down on the neck and your middle finger snaps up on the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarforceone:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by stevenh:
          I just traded my Peavey Wolfgang for Crankdaddy's Model 4. I should have it by Friday. Jackson Floyd, w/ Sharktooth inlays. I always wanted a Model 4 when they came out, now I finally have one. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's a Model 4A brother...4A. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Dana &lt;~~~
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's a 4A??????
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Todd, the original Model 4 was the 1986 version which had dots and a Kahler trem. In 1987 they switched to the Jackson JT-6 trem and added the sharkfin inlays. This is the Model 4A, but most people refer to it simply as a Model 4. I believe I have seen that some of the brochures actually listed it correctly, and others simply said "Model 4." But the correct term is 4A. I'm just being anal. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] And there was also the 4M...you know that one? A Model 4 with maple board. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Dana &lt;~~~
            '85 Rhoads Custom
            '86 SD Str*t
            '86 Model 4 (5)
            '87 Model 1
            '87 Model 6
            '88 Model 3DR
            '90 650 XL
            '94 KE-3
            '97 DR Amberburst
            '97 Dinky BOFlames
            '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

You guys are really pissin me off with all your Fircrackle Charvels! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I've been playin Charvels since 87, *I* deserve em, not you!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Budman, I'm so jealous of your Model 6, I'll trade my White/Black tiger stripe Model 6 for yours if ya want. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Dana, if you got another Firecrackle axe I might even trade my White '79 Z for it.

Tekky, that Skulls and Fircrackle 3DR is friggin awesome. ( It is a 3DR, right?)

And somewhere BadBrad is out there, enjoying the Firecrackle Model4A he purchased for a song.. one that *I* passed up on cause I was an idiot. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Congrats on all the great axes gentlemen. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I know the 4M well.. I "had" one for a little bit. Story is that I bought a 4M from eBay but the pickups and such were garbage. I was going to restore it, but I used the neck and put it on a model 2 and created my own model.. The Model 2M. Right now the 4M is still in pieces, but I'm going to bring it back as a slammin Model 4 with chrome hardware. I actually hadn't heard the term 4A, but I'm sure there's a lot more I hadn't heard. Hey, we're all here to learn...

2L2O - you are correct, it is a 3DR. "Skully" is, from what was established here, a Japanese Custom shop...

[ July 11, 2003, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                Occupy JCF

Comment

2Loud...well, I don't have another Firecrackle, but I'll let you know if I come across another one. Not sure I need another Dean though. I have 9 of em already. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Todd...yeah man, we're all here to learn. Again, I was just being anal about the correct names...or maybe I was showing off a bit. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Dana &lt;~~~
                  '85 Rhoads Custom
                  '86 SD Str*t
                  '86 Model 4 (5)
                  '87 Model 1
                  '87 Model 6
                  '88 Model 3DR
                  '90 650 XL
                  '94 KE-3
                  '97 DR Amberburst
                  '97 Dinky BOFlames
                  '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

2L2O, If I see another firecrackle I'll also let you know about it ok?

RIGHT AFTER I BUY IT!!!!!!MWaahahahahaha!

Ahhh, just kiddin [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] , I really will let you know if I see one..

maybe..... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Whatever happened to Bad Brad anyway????

Dave-&gt;

[ July 11, 2003, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave, did you get my email? Your guitar is on the way. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                      Dana &lt;~~~
                      '85 Rhoads Custom
                      '86 SD Str*t
                      '86 Model 4 (5)
                      '87 Model 1
                      '87 Model 6
                      '88 Model 3DR
                      '90 650 XL
                      '94 KE-3
                      '97 DR Amberburst
                      '97 Dinky BOFlames
                      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Sure did, thanks so much Dana!! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                        Dave ->

Comment

Go ahead, show off... I did earlier in the thread... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

OK Dave, clock's a-tickin! When you get whatever guitar Dana's sending you, you gotta throw pix up ASAP!!!!!

[ July 11, 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Model 3c

Here's a preview!

Dave-&gt;
                            Dave ->

Comment

Sweet!

Any modification plans or are you keeping it pretty much stock??
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Not really sure yet. I'll wait to see what condition she's in and then I'll decide. I'm sure I'll let you know! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave-&gt;
                                Dave ->

Comment

Working...
                                X