Import Charvel Bluebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Import Charvel Bluebook

Well, Gang - I DON'T HAVE a price list on the Model Series Charvels - but I DO have one {that came with my '90-'91 C/J catalog} that lists "MSRP" on the FOLLOWING MODELS of Charvels - NEW {and the MSRP DOES NOT INCLUDE OHSC}

275 Deluxe - $695.00
    375 Deluxe = $795.00 {add $100.00 for figured body}
    475 Special - $995.00 {add $100.00 for figured body}
    650 XL - $1295.00

Fusion Special - $695.00
    Fusion Deluxe - $795.00
    Fusion Custom - $895.00
    Fusion Plus - $895.00
    Spectrum - $895.00
    Predator - $795.00
    Surfcaster - $1095.00 {add $100.00 for figured body and $200.00 for 12 string}

OHSC for the above ran an additional $119.00-$169.00

To give ya SOME IDEA of WHAT the dollar was worth THEN, HERE are the MSRP on USA Jacksons

Dinky - $1595.00
    Fusion - $1595.00
    Rhoads - $1795.00
    Soloist - $1795.00
    Warrior - $1895.00

AND - F.Y.I....in the SAME PRICE LIST...

REPLACEMENT NECKS {depending on fretboard material}

STRAT-STYLE REPLACEMENT NECKS - $200.00-$250.00

BUT...if you wanted POINTY REPLACEMENT NECKS - $300.00-$350.00

{$100.00 ADDITIONAL for a POINTY ??? - THAT is JUST WRONG !!!! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

I'll take 1/2 a BOXCAR-FULL of the STRAT ONES, PLEASE !!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Are those prices with, or without case?

Todd

Comment

Color copy of the 1987 pricelist available here:

http://www.keithupson.com/images/pricelist.jpg

and

http://www.keithupson.com/images/inside.jpg

If that is of interest to anyone...

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Originally posted by axtogrind:
          Color copy of the 1987 pricelist available here:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the link.

Man, seeing that price list really takes me back to my misspent youth.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379:
            in late 1987early 88 my NEW model6 was 700, i remember because the sales man told me for another $50 i could get have a model88 that he was waiting for delivery on.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That seems crazy to me since I bought a brand new Model 88 in the summer of 1988 for $400 at a guitar store in Hartford, CT.

Comment

Originally posted by RP:

That seems crazy to me since I bought a brand new Model 88 in the summer of 1988 for $400 at a guitar store in Hartford, CT.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lucky Stiff

I remember paying just over a grand for my Model 4 in 87 ($849 + $125 case +taxes and shit)

Comment

I did fall into some good deals in the 1980s.

I got my 1986 Model 3 for something like $350 new in 1986 at that same Hartford guitar shop (including case).

I bought a brand new Peavey Vandenburg for $425 in Amarillo, TX (including case)

I got a NOS neck-thru USA B.C. Rich Warlock new for the then-current NJ import bolt-on prices direct from the B.C. Rich factory (My parents had ordered an NJ series for me for Christmas, but for whatever reason, it didn't come in. So my step-mother called the factory and yelled at them until they sent me the USA).

And, I already mentioned the Model 88 (and that included a tweed Charvel case).

Of course, when I so very stupidly sold my 1989 Jackson custom shop for $250 (in 1995 or 1996), I knew for sure that karma had caught up to me.

Comment

Can't beat that! I paid far too much for my Model 3, £300 used in January '92, which was about the going rate. The rock band i was with at the time broke up before I got a chance to gig with it, and by the end of '92 it was worth about half what I paid for it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I made a bit of ground back when I got my NOS Model 5A for 16,000 Thai Baht in Bangkok in 2001. That's about US$280. No case or whammy bar of course.

There's a pile if Jackson/Charvel whammy bars somewhere in the World, and it must be big enough to distort the Earth's magnetic field by now...
                  Model 3
                  Model 5A
                  Model 3B
                  Journeyman
                  Custom Shop San Dimas s/n 8511

Comment

I just got a 1986 model 6 for $400 off eBay. It needs a little tlc with the electronics and has a few nicks and scratches but nothing that cant be fixed cheap. Neck is awesome!!! This is my first charvel. Sold my Kelly KE3 for $350 and bought the Charvel. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

i got a model 6 on ebay for $280.00+ shipping. i got case trem arm kahler trem NO FRETWEAR when i say mint i mean mint condition. even had the kahler manual with it.
                      been offered $800.00 for it so far but its definatly not for sell lol this one found a home.
                      have heard about the kahler makes it a custom. any thoughts or info on that or is the model 6 "custom" a myth?

Comment

Well la de da! Why dont you just pee on my birthday cake while your at it! LOL anyway I believe the Model 6 came with a Kahler in 86 standard and swiched to Floyd in 87! Not 100% on that though.

Comment

Originally posted by wulfe13:
                          Well la de da! Why dont you just pee on my birthday cake while your at it!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by chopper45hd:
                            i got a model 6 on ebay for $280.00+ shipping. i got case trem arm kahler trem NO FRETWEAR when i say mint i mean mint condition. even had the kahler manual with it.
                            been offered $800.00 for it so far but its definatly not for sell lol this one found a home.
                            have heard about the kahler makes it a custom. any thoughts or info on that or is the model 6 "custom" a myth?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kahler just means it's older. Closest to a "custom" import charvel are the 5fxs, since they had the single coil neck pickup added in Fort Worth. If someone offered me $800 for a kahlered import, I'd drive it to them!

By the way, I didn't pay more than $270 out the door for any of the three guitars listed below, if we want to play the let's make each other sick game [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

1) Charvel 750XL amber (Greg Crowe has it now)
                            2) Charvel Model 88 w/certificate of authenticity - serial #0034
                            3) 1985 Charvel San Dimas (they thought it was an import, LOL!)

Pete

Comment

lol@ the piss on my cake deal....sometimes it pays to get outta the boat and wade the bs. lol
                              anyway i got slapped too with the make ya sick game...remembers something about what goes around....?
                              and thanks for clearing up the "myth" seems like this is the start of a great learning experience [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

For what it's worth.....The prices on the model series look good to me. Only question I have is why such a wide range on this "Model 88 $300 - $1,000"

As far as the rest of the guitars I'm not too familar with them so I can't question the prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X