Re: anyone recognize this charvel?

Headstock:
    275 - Regular
    Predator - Reversed

Body:
    275 - Basswood
    Predator - Alder

Pickups:
    275 - 3 J-200 Humbucker (single coil sized) (2 slanted in the bridge, one straight, in the neck)
    Predator - Jackson J90C Humbucker in the bridge, one slanted J-200 Humbucker (single coil sized) in the neck.

Pickup switch:
    275 - (89) 3-way blade (90-91) 5-way blade
    Predator - Jackson JE0005 5-Way blade switch (1-Neck, 2-Neck/Bridge(parallel) ,3-Both Full(series), 4-Both Full(parallel), 5-Bridge(series)

Colors:
    275 - Not available in firecrackle.
    Predator - Available in firecrackle.

[ June 24, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
    Occupy JCF

Comment

It looks like a mutt actually. The body looks like it's a Model (strat) sized Charvel. (could be the angle if it really is a dinky body) Maybe a Model 2 body with an extra route and a later 275's - 22 fret neck.
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Yea.. thats way to rounded to be a 275, they are squarish Dinly bodies.

What does the cavity cover look like? Jackson style or the older Charvel "triangle" style.

Thats the big give-away, only Model series Charvels and US Charvels and early US Jacksons have the Triangle or 3 point cavity plate

Comment

Sorry, should have posted a pic of the back too :

It's got that cutout around the neck joint like in the comtemporary series, so I don't know. Serial number on the plate is 330712 (Ft. Worth).

Comment

Zoinks!!! A recessed heel on a strat body? I've never seen that. I'm stumped.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Do you guys know which one was better or cost more? These are the import guitars right? I love both of em, but the 275 wins by default because it has 24 frets.
              [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              What the heck is that thing?

Comment

Yea, thats definately a 90 and up Charvel body.. no Model series ever had a cavity like that, nor the heel recess.

Altho... it is kinda possible that it's a Jackson body..

I'm not sure, other than its not a Model series..

Comment

Hmm..that's either a modified Model series body, or not a Charvel/Jackson body. Look how weird the recess looks on the strat shape...

Comment

I'm thinking if it is a model series, it's been heavily modified.

1) All model series (except for the 3DR) had top mounted tremolos. None were recesseed.
                    2) None of them had the neck/heel body scallop.
                    3) None of the strat shaped model series had a Hum/Slanted single design.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                      Yea, thats definately a 90 and up Charvel body.. no Model series ever had a cavity like that, nor the heel recess.

Altho... it is kinda possible that it's a Jackson body..

I'm not sure, other than its not a Model series..
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But Charvel moved from the full sized strat body shape in the 90s.

Jackson itself didn't do too many of the strat shaped bodies. Off the top of my head, I can only remember the JRS2 (I've got one) and the JRS1 both bodies are very much like the model 2 except for the tremolo. (JRS series have Wilkinsons)
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

Cool - I got a "one of a kind" ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Doesn't really matter to me, since I plan on doing some modification to it, just would like to know what I got. I do believe it is a Charvel body - it came with a Jackson trem (JT-?) and in a Charvel case, and doesn't look like anything was modified at all. The finish was on throughout (pearl red I believe), including in both pickup routes, so I don't think anything was added. Except the ugly blue paint on top of the finish (hand painted on [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) and all the stickers...
                        Thanks for your help guys - I promise, no more pics of this beast... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] until I get it refinished

[ June 25, 2003, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: TommyJ37 ]

Comment

Thanks Tekky - so this is ? :

...besides "an ugly guitar"... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Sorry, I'm not as familiar with this series of Charvels as I am with the Model series. This was sold to me as a 275, so I took the guy's word for it. And quickly started modifying... :
                          [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That's a 89 275 Deluxe. The first year It had a Strat body and a hum, single setup with a double locking trem. Then they changed to a Dinky body and a single locking trem and the 2 singles put together to make a Hum. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No I don't think so.

I had a 275.. It had a regular heel, angled and sloped. Plus...The body shape for a 275 is Dinky.

And I know it was a 275 cause "275-DLX" was stamped in the pocket.

The heel on that guitar is completely wrong for a 275, I mean not even close.

I'm not sure what that guitar is but its not a model series, and its not a 275. You just have to look at it and see.

[ June 25, 2003, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Okay ignore parts of the above posts. I started typing before absorbed some of your post.

I suffer "Keyboard in Mouth" disease. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Are you saying that in 1990 they changed the body and heel design?

Here's my 275

As I said, it's a 90, although it has a slanted hum, not 2 singles, plus a straight neck pup.

Are you saying it changed THAT much in a year?!?

And as I said.. I know %100.00 for sure its a 275-DLX

[ June 25, 2003, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Working...
                                X