Model 6 Firecrackle pics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nazgul
    That's a rosewood which is ebonized (stained to black). You will never get that grain (small cracks) out of rosewood. It's just the way rosewood is and it doesn't affect playability or sound AFAIK. If you want denser wood, you should go with real ebony or maple.
    Dude, I know what Rosewood looks like. I'm talking about a white material that shows through the grain. It may be just that pic, but I have it happening on one of my Model Sixes. The other is fine. Always wondered what causes it. And no, I'm not talking about the grain itself!!! I guess I need to post a pic...
    The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

That firecrackle is awesome Dave I have always loved that finish!!!!!!

Comment

thanks so much, guys! As for the fretboard, the grain is actually "shining" from the sun in the pics but I know exactly what you mean. It does seem to come out with a very tight short bristled brush although it's a huge P.I.A. I had it really bad on my Model 6a but ended up ebonizing that one. I almost wonder if it's from the compound they used in the buffing process.
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
          thanks so much, guys! As for the fretboard, the grain is actually "shining" from the sun in the pics but I know exactly what you mean. It does seem to come out with a very tight short bristled brush although it's a huge P.I.A. I had it really bad on my Model 6a but ended up ebonizing that one. I almost wonder if it's from the compound they used in the buffing process.
          Awesome, thanks for the insight Dave. I'd sanded down the board a couple of times and it makes it go away for a while but then it comes back. I'll try your brush trick!
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
          X