Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a charvette compare to the charvel model guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does a charvette compare to the charvel model guitars?

No offense to anybody else's opinion, but
    I believe Joe simply because he has an exhaustive knowledge of the history and
    performance of Charvel and Jackson guitars. Since the biggest "suck" factors would be plywood bodies and inferior hardware and pickups, I could see the upper-end Charvette being comparable to low and mid-level Model Series guitars, given the same hardware.
    I think we were talking poplar, not nato mahogany, which poplar is cheap and readily available right here; in fact I live less than 50 miles from Poplarville,
    Mississippi! I'd guess the best tonewoods for Models went to the 5 and 6
    Series, as opposed to 1s, 2s, 3s and 4s.
    The 5s and 6s are really junior brother versions of Student Soloist and Soloist.
    Of course they don't get the respect their Jackson brothers do, but they're right there in fit, form and function with the Japanese Jacksons.

Not saying I want a Charvette though; it'd be tiresome pulling the neck off every time someone didn't believe the body was solid wood! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Still, a guitar is wood, plastic, steel, brass, magnets and wires. Those evil Koreans might actually let a decent piece of wood slip through their QC process and a good one might've escaped on occasion.

I BELIEVE YOU JOE!!! Others do too, but fear the slavering mob!

Lerx
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

As has already been stated, some models of charvettes are laminant bodies and others are solid wood bodies. (the quality of the solid wood is in question now) The electronics and hardware in some cases are of the same variety that was used on the Model Series Guitars or even the current Charvel line at the time. When that is the case, the major difference between them is the country of origin. Korea for the Charvette's and Japan for the Charvels.

The Korean made guitars are almost always panned for low quality, but you never know, they could have had their Wheaties that day in the factory... Kick the tires, if the wheel doesn't fall off, give it a whirl around the block, if it doesn't die on you. Take it home.

(If you're worried about any stigma with the Charvette logo, you can always have it re-finished [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

[ May 30, 2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks, Lerx. It's hard when all the little kidz here start thinking they have the finest guitar ever built and won't be swayed by anyother viewpoint. You and me could blister the paint off of any Charvette in a head cutting duel with the kiddiez and their Charvel Model guitars.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Sounds like Joe has some Charvettes in his inventory that he has to move......... [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

I hear Korea plans to invade Canada to conquer their superior tonewood forests! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            The Canadians are pretty upset because the Korean Army is 10 times the size of the Canadian Army! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Don't worry - we AMERICANS will protect you from the kimchee-gobbling hordes! It's gonna cost you a LOT of Canadian neck-maple though!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[ May 30, 2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Korea has an army 10 times the size of ours because Canadas population consists of a few hockey teams, a bunch of foriegners in Toronto with SARS, Bob and Doug MacKenzie, and the three JCFers you see posting here. We know you'll defend us, even if our leader has alzheimers and is a dumb ass.........I just hope more of that maple goes south, some of those guitar like things coming out of Korea are just scary. Even scarier than the Charvettes....

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                Thanks, Lerx. It's hard when all the little kidz here start thinking they have the finest guitar ever built and won't be swayed by anyother viewpoint. You and me could blister the paint off of any Charvette in a head cutting duel with the kiddiez and their Charvel Model
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No no no.. The only people who think they have the best guitar ever built are owners of U.S. Guitars and Toothpaste Charvels.

Oh, and I DO have the best guitar ever built. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Canadas population consists of a few hockey teams, a bunch of foriegners in Toronto with SARS, Bob and Doug MacKenzie, and the three JCFers you see posting here.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Decriminalize the Sweet Leaf like they're talking about doing, and you'll have plenty of company comin'... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Not that I touch that stuff anymore.... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Nuh uh!! My Model 6 is the best guitar ever built!! That guy's ad in the "E-fraid" section said so, and if he's asking $750 for HIS Model 6 (which is OBVIOUSLY not as good as MINE, I can just
                    look at it on a screen and tell!) then it must be true, right? I mean, if it's written on Ebay, it HAS to be true, RIGHT?

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

You what sucks...i have been to all the pawnshops nearby and the only thing charvel i can find is a beat up charvette. Time for me to venture into the heart of orlando to go pawnshop seeking.

Comment

YOU ALL WHAT SUCKS!! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I am just repeating that because it makes no sense to me, so I feel like yelling it!!

Comment

Supposed to say..
                          You know what sucks?...i have been to all the pawnshops nearby and the only thing charvel i can find is a beat up charvette. Time for me to venture into the heart of orlando to go pawnshop seeking. Kissimmee doesn't have any that i have been able to find.

Comment

I AIN'T KISSING YOU! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Let's see...HOW does a Charvette compare to a Model Series Charvel...

IMAGINE that a Model Series Charvel is a night of TOTAL CARNAGE with PAMELA ANDERSON, where you DO things to her that you WOULDN'T DO to a FARM ANIMAL !!!!

Exhibit "A"

NOW...The Charvette is like a night in which you get a GUMMER from "Granny" from "The Beverly Hillbillies"...

Exhibit "B"

ANY QUESTIONS ????
                              [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
                                Korea has an army 10 times the size of ours because Canadas population consists of a few hockey teams, a bunch of foriegners in Toronto with SARS, Bob and Doug MacKenzie, and the three JCFers you see posting here. We know you'll defend us, even if our leader has alzheimers and is a dumb ass.........I just hope more of that maple goes south, some of those guitar like things coming out of Korea are just scary. Even scarier than the Charvettes....
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, but Bob and Doug MacKenzie have Hosehead the Wonderdog 'eh?
                                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                                X