My Charvel Model 88 collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Charvel Model 88 collection

Yes I have a Charvel Fusion on E-bay and A Jackson JS30, I am selling because I just bought a new Jackson DK2 Crimson Swirl.

Comment

Man your killin me I've wanted an 88 forever and can't find a minty one with ohsc even on ebay.Are they really comanding 1000.00 price tag? Hell I have an 87 usa san dimas neck plated jackson that wont bring but 600.00. I'm miffed.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
        Are they really comanding 1000.00 price tag?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is where the personal worth discussion gets started. Some people are willing to pay it, some aren't - it all depends on how much you really want it.

I really like these guitars, and I would love to own one in semi-good condition. However, I'd have a hard time paying over $500 for one, and I think that's steep too. It may be a poor comparison, but at that time I believe that the flagship of the import (read "only") Charvel line was the Model Six. You can find a Model Six all week long for under $500. How do the features and construction of the Charvel Model Six pale in comparison to the specs on the Model 88? It doesn't. The Model 88 was released as a collector's model which, IMHO, is the only advantage it has over the Model 6.

IMHO, they are not "commanding" a $1000 price tag. That's definitely not "market value." How badly do you want one? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That is it to a T Kirk, I also believe that market value of the model 88 is under $500 even for one in mint condition, but to me I wanted #0003 (mint) very bad and I was willing to pay the 1G that the guy I bought it from was asking. I am also trying to get #0004 (mint) from Kevin and if I have to pay 1G for it also I probably will, but this in no way means that market value is 1G it just means that I am willing to pay what ever it takes to get the guitar that I want. That is what E-bay survives on, 1 person willing to pay more for something and outbids the next guy....who ever is willing to pay the most, gets what they want.

Comment

I see your piont and agree if you want it bad enough you will pay the extra $$
            I think 500.00 for a nice one is not out of the question at all. Any low production jap charvel is worth that.Are the necks like the model series or are thy like later say 90's necks? I have always wondered that.The model series necks are fantastic and the later necks seem a little thinner but feel good too.I have decided to make a quest for a nice 88 my next project.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Man! thoughs look REALLY nice... [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] ...I wish they maid some basses that looked that cool....Do they?

Comment

Wow!! I really love the crimson swirl DK2! So they're already in stock some places? I guess it's not as new a finish as i thought.
                [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

These Guitars are now FOR SALE........
                  I am eating my "I will never sale" words.
                  please see the JCF Classifieds !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X