X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Model series collecors?

Nice barn door Doc.....
    or is that the "VH woodshed"?

Oh, the Charvels are awesome too! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice collection Doc

Do you have a clean single pickup Model 2 with a floyd for sale?.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Kevin
      It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

SHOP DOORS, and Sarj got the ONLY Model 2 that was for sale...

Comment

A quick glance at GBase...

Model 2 / 1 Hum / Floyd / White
          Model 2 / 1 Hum / Kahler (Floating) / White
          Model 2 / 1 Hum, 1 SC / Floyd / Coral Pink
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Some extremely good points here! I think that the overall concensus is that they probably will be "somewhat" collectable. At least to us "players"! Yes I do have a pic of my growing collection, not a very good one but hey, I'm not as good at photography as Doc. (plus he has some WAY nicer guitars than I do)
            Most of mine are mint or very near, a couple are in the resto stage, and I have three more in pieces that I'm restoring right now. yes.....restoring! May sound silly to some but I love rebuilding these old gems and a big plus is....I can afford it! I buy them wherever I can (CHEAP!) and then disassemble, clean, set up, replace minor parts, whatever, and BINGO.....I have a fantastic playing guitar that's damn nice looking and I haven't paid much over 2 bills for any of them! I like it.
            I will post a pic in a moment. don't laugh.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Comment

Oh, and by the way here's one I forgot to put in the pic. (I remembered it was in a closet) Some of you may recognize it because I just got it off ebay about three weeks ago. It turned out to be a DEAD mint model 3DR, I mean not a scratch or blemish anywhere to be found! I paid $260.00 including shipping. Original JT-6, not a screw been touched anywhere, still had orig. pricetag from the dealer, all tools, extra trem arm bushings, truss rod adjuster, OHSC, everything! It was almost like stepping back in time when I opened the case! I expected it to be in pretty nice shape according to the listing but......WOW! Now, all you San Dimas guys tell me; if I keep this stored away in its original case for 15+ more years (which I AM going to do).......will it be collectable?......I think a very definite YES!
                PIC:

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't believe every description you read on GBase - that last one is a Model 3DR. Very nice too! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Thx Gary - was wondering as I was cuttin & pastin'. I knew that any errors would be corrected in a matter of hours...
                    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

How long has that first one been up for sale for $495 now? A few years, I think. I'm wondering if they'll ever move it....
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Thta a puuurty nice 3DR you got off eBay MM, and a nice collection of other charvy's.

That pink 3DR @Gbase.. JT6 replaced w/Floyd, plate obviously replaced too.

Comment

I did not mean to imply the '58...never mind charvelguy summed it up(thanx dude,I was out of town)No offense Accept2!

Comment

I am trying to start a small collection of Model 1s. I do have an '86 black and an '87 cream... now I am looking for a red and the infamous blue one...

Comment

The Model 1 is the only one I don't have in my "Model Series" collection. What sucks is that a few years ago when I had stopped buying guitars for awhile, there was a blue Model 1 in this pawnshop for like 2 years. They were asking $79 for it, and nobody would buy it. I still don't know why I didn't get that one. The Model 1's don't seem as common as the others.
                              Dana &lt;~~~
                              '85 Rhoads Custom
                              '86 SD Str*t
                              '86 Model 4 (5)
                              '87 Model 1
                              '87 Model 6
                              '88 Model 3DR
                              '90 650 XL
                              '94 KE-3
                              '97 DR Amberburst
                              '97 Dinky BOFlames
                              '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Fill me in here why does everyone want the blue.I sold a red model 2 to a friend he was glad to get it but he wants my blue one badly. mine has a scalloped fretboard from the 7th fret to the 22nd,an emg 81 and jt6 fantastic guitar I just can't part with it.I sold a model 5a firecrackle(mint)a model 6 (mint)but when they wanted the model 2 I said not for sale.Can't do it.
                                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X