No announcement yet.

Ugh.. What Charvel do I have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but technically, as the Models 5A & 5FX are variations of, but considered separate models to, the Model 5, what Mark said is correct. All Model 5s are HH.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I'm just blind.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
        According to the "List" it's a Model 5 . But they only came in Red. I think its a Mod 5 with the Mod 5A BC, black cherry paint job.
        WRONG! Model 5 is neck-thru, 24 frets, and came in white, red, blue and black cherry )at least, that I know of). Model 3A is bolt-neck, 22 frets.

And as was said earlier, the 5A is the 1-hum version, the 5FX is the H/S version..
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Rich, how did you do that smilie with your ancient technology machine?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

5's came in black too. have the pics. posting them now

FYI, my M5 I refer to is an '86 not an '88.
            Last edited by MadJack; 05-02-2006, 04:11 PM.
            "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Just saw the catalog for the 3a there posted by SGPlayer. I never knew the nut was made of carbon fibre... I've heard people argue over the years that it's graphite.... or it's just black plastic on the model series nuts.... Well the catalog says it's carbon fibre, yet it doesn't have the familiar carbon fiber checkerboard look to it. Who is right?

Comment

Looked closely at my model 6 nut it's some kind of resin/carbon fibre, not laid resin but poured carbon fibre???

Comment

Working...
                X