Model 5 or 5A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 5 or 5A

Hi guys, which Model 5 had the Kahler Pro and just 1 Hum? I also am looking for a nice one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Thanks-Jack.

Re: Model 5 or 5A

I didn't think the Model 5A came with the Kahler, only the JT6. I think the only 5 series Model guitar that came with the Kahler was the regular Model 5 with H/H.

Comment

Thanks Travis, I guess either one would be cool. Man, I wish the 5A came with Kahler Pro. can a JT-6 be changed out for an Original Floyd? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Yep, sure can. You'll just have to keep the JT-6 studs in and only be able to pull up 99% of the way.

Comment

99% is fine bro!! I appreciate the info. Jack.

Comment

i had a 5A for a while and i out an OFR on there and had no problems.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

<font color="aqua">or you could just come up with your own [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]:

of course, it's a 3310, not a pro but close enough? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] </font>
              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

The notorious "Budman signature model". [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I love that guitar... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Damnit, Dave. Why did you post that without offering to give that to me as a Christmas gift. You bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

why is the first word that springs to mind when I see that is "lurid" [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

still a very kickarse axe though. You still playing it Dave, or is it time to move on? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Wow - What a great looking guitar......I wish my model 2 looked like that! Very cool Kolor ! ! !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Hi guys, which Model 5 had the Kahler Pro and just 1 Hum? I also am looking for a nice one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Thanks-Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          I've got one, Jack (w/JT-6). I'll drop you a PM with details.

Comment

Dave, I still never found out what you used to fill in the pickup cavities. I've seen other people's guitars and after a while you can see where it was filled. Will this eventually show up as temperature / humidity affects the settling of the wood/foam/filler??

Comment

The 86 Model 5 had two humbuckers and a Kahler flatmount. The Model 5a had a single humbucker and a JT-6 and was only manufactured in 1988.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X