Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINT '86 Model 4

Hi gang,

Thought some of y'all may be interested to hear about the Model 4 I just received via the 'bay.

It's a subtle sparkly yellow '86 Model 4. It's not just MINT, it is COMPLETELY MINT. As in never been played since it left the factory.

I was expecting it to be in nice condition, but it is really amazing, like a time capsule. Still has the film on the back cover and truss rod covers. Still has the original(!) strings. Even has the original 9V battery (never leaked, now down to ~4.5V, dated Oct. 86). Original whammy bar, allen wrences, chainsaw case w/o a scratch. The previous owner even gave me his original receipt from when he bought it as new old stock in '94.

I'll try to get some pics up later this weekend.

Now I just need to find a "players condition" 650 XL that I can have fun with. I'm scared to touch this Model 4. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Giles

Re: MINT \'86 Model 4

Thats great I have 2 4M's, great guitars.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Yellow? Do you mean Pearl White aged to a creme color, or bright-ass yellow?
      Occupy JCF

Comment

I did some research and can't find any mention of a yellow factory color. So maybe it started as white. Right now it is a nice yellow with a subtle sparkle. Does the white do that with age? The interesting thing is that even the paint under the control cavity cover is yellow, which made me think it wasn't just due to fading.

Giles

Comment

Hello, there's a Model 4 Fire-Crackle finish in a local pawnshop where I'm at. It's probably been sitting there for years collecting dust. Its in very good condition, price tagged is $325, they could probably be talked down to $275 pretty easy. Every time I swing by that place, about every 3 or 4 months I see it still sitting, pretty tempting to pick her up one day. Aw my wife would kill me anyway if I walked with another guitar, maybe after Christmas when things slow down.

Later

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yellow? Do you mean Pearl White aged to a creme color, or bright-ass yellow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pearl White. Here's a link to the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...89077%26fvi%3D1
            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I watched that one on Ebay thru the thread on the EFraid of Ebay index!

Great score on a REAL case and closet queen there!

CONGRATS!
              Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
              Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

<font color="aqua">Very nice! I have a question for you, is it "glossy" black plastic they used on the back cover plate (under the protective covering)?

Congrats - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks guys. Budman, the control cavity cover is glossy black (on the inside surface). I don't plan to remove the protective covering to check the outer surface. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] Is there something special about glossy black covers?

Comment

<font color="aqua">I was asking if you could see it since there is a little piece of it removed at the top corner (at least according to the pics in the auction). These always came in a satin finish so I'm not sure that is original to the guitar. </font>
                    Dave ->

Comment

Hi Budman,

I just checked that splot with the covering missing, and it does not appear to be glossy there.

Giles

Comment

<font color="aqua">cool! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                        Dave ->

Comment

i too have an 86 model 4 - join the club [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I was watching that auction too. Beautiful axe. Congrats on a wicked score!
                            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Working...
                            X