Model 7 pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 7 pic

This is definitely Model 7 week here on the old JCF! Funny how it kinda runs in cycles sometimes. Just got this yesterday, courtesy of Superfly. Plays like a dream! At first I wasn't too excited about the look of the white Lace Sensor, but the tone of this thing is amazing. The logo is a little worn, but I think it's the silver model. Seems to have more bottom end & a bit more output than what I remember from trying the gold logoed ones. Whatever it is, I'm sold. Any recommendations for the bridge position? The original pickup just doesn't do much for me. The neck is just a bit more full feeling than my Model 3 neck, but still feels perfect. I couldn't be more happy to finally have one of these guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Model 7 pic

Very nice.

[ QUOTE ]

The neck is just a bit more full feeling than my Model 3 neck

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you mention that. I have thought that the maple necks fill a little fuller than the regular rosewood necks

Comment

If it feels TOO full, I'd gladly trade you a Rosewood non-reversed Charvel old logoed neck. :-)

Bridge pickup ---> Duncan Hot Rails all the way!

Comment

Looks great Dana, I'm glad that you like it. I had the same feelings about the lace as well but quickly warmed up to it....
        It was hard to let her go but it's in a good home with someone that will appreciate what a great guitar it is.
        Here is what i got with the funds
        Ovation Celebrity Deluxe [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Sweet! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] That's a beauty!

[ QUOTE ]

Bridge pickup ---> Duncan Hot Rails all the way!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm leaning toward, with a push/pull or maybe even a 5-way super switch to split the coils & get all kinds of options.

Comment

Definately wire up a push/pull pot to split a Duncan Hot Rail, the split mode sounds really good.

Comment

I put a SD Little'59 in the bridge of my Fender/Warmoth Tele project and it sounds killer. for anyone who is not familiar, that's a narrow humbucker that fits a single coil route. little fucker has a lot of balls. very nice pickup, as is the hotrails.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

<font color="aqua"> Congrats Dana! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I love these teles and if you have the extra "scratch", might I recommend the Rio Grande "Muy Grande" pickups?! If you're after that "twang", that's THE one!! </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Nice model 7 and Ovation (I've got the same one - killer guitar!). Enjoy!

Comment

That is a beautiful model 7 - I wish I had it to keep my Black model 7 company!

Comment

Working...
                    X