So, thanks to Travis, I now have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, thanks to Travis, I now have...

A lightly flamed model 4 neck to go on my model 1. I got it a while ago but it still needs a nut. I'm filing one right now. I did one a week ago but it turned out a little too low. This one should be ok.

At the end of the week she should play decently. I won't file the nut too low, just to be sure not to mess it up. The bridge is flush with the body, I will only go down with it. It'll receive a J200 in the bridge while waiting for another pickup more powerful (Hotrails or Fast Track 2).

Re: So, thanks to Travis, I now have...

Hey, looking good there. Let us all know how she plays when she's finally set up. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Bump... Anyone else have a flamed model series neck..?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
        not on mine. that looks awesome!!
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I did and it looked like yours, you'd have to kill me and pry it from my cold dead hands [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Muahaha thanks again so much Travis [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            For some reason the picture showed the flame much better than under most angles of real life.

Grrr I can't seem to be able to file good nuts. I'm at my second try, and I already broke 2 high e... the only spare I have is a .10 and the slot is .12 wide. And that angled headstock doesn't make it easier to file the slots either. It'll take some time before she's playable I guess... Thanks for the compliments, that neck took them very well [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Ook nut going decently well... I'm getting a quote for a single hum pickguard.
              The guitar will receive the midboost, without the tone control though. Pickup will be a Seymour Duncan FullShred, wired to a 3 way DPDT wired on/onwithbypassedelectronics/split, or the middle position as off and I add a 2 way to split it (I have a spare one anyway).
              I think I'll do a first try without the midboost though. Or else I'll have to take off the jack from the model 4 and switch it and the model 1a's, which I don't think would fit the model 4... Meeh. If anyone knows about this, that'd be helpful.

Comment

Working...
              X