Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel ID

Hi!
    I recently bought from ebay a charvel written on neckplate Fort Worth Texas, USA (HSS) with the old 'guitar' logo.More recently i discovered that it was not made in the US etc. Could someone give me information about this? Country of production, wood and construction quality and more?

Thanks!
    Cheers! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: charvel ID

Pics and/or a description of other features (pickups, trem, etc) would help.

Thanks!

Comment

I m still waiting for the guitar to arrive so i dont have any pics.Active Jackson pickup (HSS), original floyd rose

Thanks for the response

Comment

Well, if it has the active jackson circuitry and its not a neckthru then its a model 4, no?

Comment

Body wood is basswood, neck is maple, and fretboard is rosewood.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!I was wondering about the wood quality.In a recent recording session we tested a charvel (model 4 apparently) exactly as mine with another charvel (japan made on neckplate) with EMG 81 loaded on bridge and the differences were amazing!The model 4 was better with less noise, more precise sound and greater tone!Was it because of the woods?

Comment

It might have been because of the emg. Many people feel that they lack tone and are sterile sounding. Arent all model series bolt ons made of basswood?

Comment

Yes, except for the bolt-on models and the Model 7.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                X