Model 3 (?) with JT6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3 (?) with JT6?

I'm looking for a Charvel project body (top-rout w/pickguard, side jack,) for a project I wanna do. The only thing I can think of that comes close is a Model 3 (?), but every one I see has that Kahler trem. Did any Model 3's have the JT6? I want to use an OFR on my project, and the Kahler post spacing won't work. Anyone?

Re: Model 3 (?) with JT6?

I've got a 1987 brochure which shows the model 3 as a HSS style with JT6, if that's any help. No pickguard though.

Comment

I guess my knowledge of the Model Series ain't what it should be! maybe it's a Model 2 I'm thinking of?

Comment

I believe the only top routed Model series were the Model 1a with the vintage trem and the 3a with the Kahler trem. The only 3s that used the JT-6 were those that were rear routed, if I'm not mistaken.

The Model 2 was a single hum rear routed with either a Kahler or JT-6 depending on year.

Comment

All of 1986 Model series guitars except the Model 1s came with Kahler trems.

The 1987/88 Model series guitars again except the Model 1s came with the JT6 trem.

Comment

My Model 3 has a JT6. Just like Habanero described.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Yeah my rear routed 3 has (had) a jt6 and my front routed 3 body has a kahler.

Comment

Also, Im thinking that the post holes between the kahler and the floyd are so different that you could probably add the floyd posts without interfering with the old kahler ones. That is, using the newer style skinny floyd posts. Im also thinking that this would hide the kahler posts pretty well also. Using the old screw in floyd posts would further simplify the task too. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                X