CX391 strat headstock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX391 strat headstock?

I thought they only came with that crappy looking headstock. This one has a strat head.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Jackson-Charvel-E...1QQcmdZViewItem

Re: CX391 strat headstock?

Interesting, Heres mine with the "crappy looking" Headstock.

Its probably some sort of export only thing as the guitar is in Australia. my 650xl was an export only that I got from Au and it didnt conform to the "rules" either.

Comment

Where is Vic? He has one of these in red w/strat headstock. They made some, but not for the US.

Comment

I didnt mean offence with the "crappy looking" headstock thing. Just isnt to my taste. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

None taken. I think it looks crappy too!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Very early CX series had the strat headstock. Then they went to the eagle-beak, however I think some overseas-only renditions retained the strathead. Just like the one in the auction. (in Austrailia)
            Occupy JCF

Comment

I remember seeing one like that with the strat hs at GC years ago (like '99-2000) used. They wanted 350.00 for it. Advertised it as a Charvel superstrat.

Comment

HI guys, I'm new here. (Obviously I was the guy that won that auction). I was wondering If you could tell me a couple of things about this particular model.

1. It looks like a 11 screw pg, Will a standard Fender PG fit?

2. Are these specs right?
                Made in Japan in 1992
                Pickups:
                Bridge - J55 Humbucker
                Middle - J110 Single coil
                Neck - J55 Humbucker
                Controls:
                Volume, Tone, 5-way blade switch
                Hardware:
                Bridge - JT580 Double locking tremolo
                Tuners - Gotoh/Jackson die-cast tuners
                Woods:
                Body - Basswood
                Neck - Maple
                Fretboard - Rosewood

Comment

they look about right to me. I'm not certain on the pups but I'd say that looks about right. Not sure on the pickgaurd, if you seek a direct fit replacement, you'll likely have to wait on it showing up to fit one.

Comment

I just placed a fender guard over my guitar and its close. It seems to be the same at the top and the lower horn but where the knobs are the charvel is fatter. A fender guard looks like it will line up but I dont know if it will completely cover the rout by the knobs. Im also unsure about the neck pocket. And I also just noticed that this neck has no scarf joint and is a solid piece of maple from tip to tip.

Comment

Thanks guys, I 'll just buy a blank and copy the existing shape onto it.

Comment

Has anybody ever seen a model with that headstock, but with an older style logo (guitar shaped), and no model name?

Comment

yes I had one about 3yrs ago. The person I bought it from lived in China. Mine was also red. It kinda felt like a cheap guitar.

Comment

Looking in the Gallery you will find my CX291 Strathead.

There's a whole bunch like this in Australia, you just have to wait for them to appear. For the price I couldn't resist, though she is in a state of slow upgrade to better pickups and a new pickguard, then she will rock (as long as I leave the trem bar off, lol).

Comment

Working...
                            X