help me identify my charvel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me identify my charvel!

22 frets, rosewood with white dots, charvel logo with pointy headstock. The headstock on the guitar is kinda half way in between a strat and a "pointy" charvel. It says CXM-DLX on the headstock. back of neck "made in japan". Serial # 014607.

HSH setup with pickguard. Floyd has "charvel" stamped on it. Red body with blac pickguard.

To be honest I really want to know what wood it is, I think it is alder. It is definitely not basswood, it sounds "tighter" with more bass then my wolfgang. It vibrates different too. It is a light colored wood, I can see it through the rear cavity.

Re: help me identify my charvel!

http://www.audio-concept.fr/img/prod.../2/8/28201.jpg

similar to mine

Comment

It is a CXM-DLX. The CX series came out I believe sometime in the mid 90s just after or during the ST series runs. As with the model series I think it has a Basswood body. As far as I know, no Charvel import bolt-on neck guitars used any other types of wood for the guitar bodies.

Comment

well it does have a JB model in the bridge, I didn't realize that a pickup would make that much difference.

Comment

I got it in 97-98 for next to nothing.

my wolfgang beats it as far as quality hands down. Maybe it just needs a good setup.

What threw me off was the design of the logo.

Comment

From my understanding, i think the cx came out right after the st models. I found a st model at a pawn shop for 80 bucks and its definately basswood. Solid guitar, I use it for my blues/clean stuff.

Comment

Are cx model bodies and necks compatable with other Charvel models?

Comment

Working...
              X