Model 3 mising parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 3 mising parts.

I just found a model3 in great shape (8/10?), but missing some parts. It's missing the locking nut, the truss rod cover. The nut needs to be replaced, and the trem arm and fine tuners are gone.

I think I finally decided on getting something like it for my son.

He basically loves Brad Gillis' guitar (And I need another one with a floyd laying around).

I was thinking of putting a complete JT6 on it because finding the Kahler fine tuners and arm will probably cost more than a complete JT6.

Replacing the nut and lock will be the next most expensive part.

The price is too high for it in it's current state I think and they will not budge ($269).

I don't see a ton of model 3s for sale, so what do you think? Worth it? I really don't, but a decent Japanese strat with a Floyd is hard to find.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Model 3 mising parts.

Thinking about it, that price is too high. I'm thinking it's worth $150.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Seems a bit high considering the amount of work needed.

Comment

Way not worth it!!!!!!!!!

This project will cost a small fortune to complete. You are much better off searching ebay for a while. Many show up from time to time.

Good luck!

Comment

Have you seen the Brad Gillis Fernandes on ebay?

Gillis strat

I know its more than you want to spend but it is exactly what he wants.

Comment

I seen one for 250 in great shape at chrisguitars.com

Comment

Ahh, when I said 'he loves Brad's guitar' I meant I showed him about 40 guitars and the one he liked best was a Read Strat with a black pickguard.
              I'd love to have a Gillis replica - that Fernandes is awesome!

But this is his first guitar. I don't want him to have something he's embarassed of or has a plastic fretboard and shocks you like my first one did. I know the floyd sucks for beginners, so I will take the arm off and block it until he needs it.

BTW, I think I found a better deal on a model 3 locally.

Thanks guys!

Comment

David, man I sold a really nice, near mint, Model 3 with a JT6 just a few months ago.

Where is that Model 3? $269 is way to much.

Comment

Yeah, pawn shop up north (Cedar Park)they are REAL stingy up there.

Comment

Working...
                  X