Found a used Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a used Charvel

I am in branson Missouri and I came across a used Charvel. Has HSS with a black Schaler Trem. Rosewood board and fin inlays. Neck Through with the Jackson font Logo on the neck. the pickups are Jacksons with the EMG style cover...
    Its ivory and in OK shape. they want 300 or so.
    Is this a model 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or what (i know nothing about charvels), what kind of guitar is it (great, mediocre, shitty) and what is it worth...
    It has no case and it has a good bit of wear.. but I kinduv dig it.. I am here for one more day and I might have to go snag it...
    The wife is with me, so I may have to have them ship it to me... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Re: Found a used Charvel Model 5?

It is not a Model 5 or a Model 6 for that matter, if has the toothpaste logo. I am not sure what they are called but that is identical to a Model 6, should be a great guitar.

Comment

cool, I know absolutely nothing about Charvels... I feels like a SL3 (neck through but with Rosewood) I could get it and hop it up... I have an extra Floyd and aI could get a new board for it....I dunno... probably would get in a hell of a lot of trouble with the wife...

instock inventory

Comment

650XL. Great guitars. Price seems fair to me. Unless the Schaller is flogged out, there's no need to swap it out. And what's wrong with a rosewood board? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Its a 650xl. Same as a model 6 except for the blade switch instead of the mini switches. Nice guitar, just like a soloist. It probably has the active circuit boost that uses a 9 volt battery. I have one of these but its broken [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] If you like it you should get it. Ebay prices for these are pretty high these days.

Comment

I dont care for rosewood for some reason, I just dont like the feel of it, I would much rather have maple or Ebony [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            what are the pickups like? are they strong?
            Where was this thing made?

instock inventory

Comment

don't know what pickups are in it. It was made in Japan
              Hail yesterday

Comment

The guitar is equal to any USA (jackson for sure) production guitar you can buy nowadays.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I love my 650xl. It is my #1, and I have some other nice stuff. I personally didn't care for the pickups, so I swapped them out for a Distortion/Cool Rails/Hot Rails set years ago. I am now in the process of pulling out the active midboost and installing some push pull coil pots to split the pickups.

$300 is a fair price if it's in good shape. They really are amazing guitars, built very well in Japan and equal to the USA line of the early 90's.

Comment

I bought it... He wanted 450 for it, I worked him down to 350....prolly paid more than I should have....

Will EMG's pop right in if it already has actives?
                    I think I want to put an 81 and two single coil EMG's in it
                    Also where can I get a case for it. I want the real thing preferably one that says chavel on it...

instock inventory

Comment

nevermind just found a Charvel Case on the Evil one

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I bought it... He wanted 450 for it, I worked him down to 350....prolly paid more than I should have....

Will EMG's pop right in if it already has actives?
                        I think I want to put an 81 and two single coil EMG's in it
                        Also where can I get a case for it. I want the real thing preferably one that says chavel on it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you did fine at that price! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Pretty sure you'll need to start from scratch w/ EMG pots if you make the switch to EMGs. The guitar actually has passive pickups with an active midboost circuit (boost level is controlled by the third knob). You'll see a circuit board mounted to the volume pot if it's all original.

Comment

Working...
                        X