275Deluxe, What a Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 275Deluxe, What a Score!

I wondered into my local pawn shop today and I could'nt believe my luck! I found this 275deluxe is unbelievably new condition, unbelievably new!
    I only sign of any wear is on the fine tuners and the jackson logo on the bridge PUP. The frets have no wear anywhere as does the board and the neck has still got that new neck feel. Feels incredible.

Theres a funny story to this axe, when i was paying for it, I got talking to the storeclerk guy and he was saying it just came in the night before from an old guy who he had bought it new for his son ages ago and has sat in the closet for years, he went on to say that his son had played it for a little while but couldn't work out why the fine tuners were the only way to tune the thing and the tuning pegs wern't doing anything - eventully breaking a couple of the strings at the headstock(see pic), thats when he lost interest and it got put away in the closet. He's son is long gone and the old man just wanted the guitar gone. I just started laughing not believing my luck here.

Anyway I managed to bargain him down to $250Aus dollars from $350 saying it's japenesse and not good quality, broken strings blah, blah.

Here are the pics straight from the shop not cleaned up yet, what was also cool was the guitar still has it's wiring and trem plates on the back, has the hard to find JT-6 tremolo arm.
    Here's the dossey! - I nearly feel over when he went in the back to get the charvel hard case to put it in also! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: 275Deluxe, What a Score!

Dude, that is a killer score. And it's a very early one with the JT6 and a strat body instead of a dinky.

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

(fixed my space bar problem [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

Comment

Nice find. I'm from Australia as well. 250 is an absolute steal. Thats about the cost of a squier strat.

Comment

Haha...another Cash Converters score!!! Got my Model 6 there too. Sorry, I saw the sticker on the neck. Please take it off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

I'm taking the guitar apart now, damm those cash converters stickers are hard to get off- very sticky

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'm taking the guitar apart now, damm those cash converters stickers are hard to get off- very sticky

[/ QUOTE ]

I use "Lemon Label Remover". It's sold over here in New Zealand (lemon-based so it won't harm a finish) so it might be over there. Good stuff [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Great score!!

Why do bloody Cashies stick price tags on the back of the neck? I hate trying to get all that adhesive off.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Great score, man. I'm still working on my project 275 that I got a little bit ago. Mine is also and early one with the strat body and straight humbucker instead of the slanted double singles like the later ones.

Comment

Thats a beauty and a 'great story' to go along with a great aquisition!

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Congrats on a great score!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

looks great. How much is $250 aus in u.s. $?
                      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

With the current exchange rate its roughly 200. But in terms of guitar equipment cos of importing and stuff, we pay roughly double eg. a mexican strat is 400 bucks ish in american dollars, but we pay 800 aussie.

Comment

Wow, great score am_bad !! what a beauty, and yes those cash convertors stickers are a pain to get off ! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It looks great. Love the chrome.

Nice!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              It looks great. Love the chrome.

Nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">DITTO! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                              Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X