X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model 6 Trem replacement

Hello folks,

it's been a while since I posted here.
    I used to own a 375DLX, I no longer own it, a lot has changed.

My question is about Model6 trem system.
    My friend has a black Model6 with JT6 on it that is close
    to end its due so I wanted to know what kind of tremolo replacement will fit this guitar without insane mods.

I'll appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks a lot! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: Model 6 Trem replacement

Original Floyd Rose all the way [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

+1 he may have to make the trem route opening on the face of the guitar just a touch wider (I had a Model 6 with an OFR) and I had to do this but it is really a very small amount. Mine was catching so it wouldn't return to it's original position, but like I said it's really a small job. any tech worth his wieght could do it in ten minutes.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Might want to swap out the threaded screws and inserts as well to take full advanatge of the OFR. The Charvel inserts do not bother many people but some extreme Floyd users find that they limit the travel of the unit somewhat.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Might want to swap out the threaded screws and inserts as well to take full advanatge of the OFR. The Charvel inserts do not bother many people but some extreme Floyd users find that they limit the travel of the unit somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. I just switched out the bushings and threaded screws (from 580LP to OFR) on a couple of Jacksons. It really made a difference in the stability of the trem.
          Good deals with:
          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Also The OFR saddles are wider.The JT-6 has standard string spacing.The 2 E strings will sit closer to the edge of the fretboard some people don't care for this.The trem travel is limited somewhat as well.
            The JT-6 trem bushings are larger than the OFR bushings so if you use the OFR bushings you will have to dowl and redrill for the OFR bushings.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If you use a Floyd Rose Pro (Low profile version) the string spacing is a bit narrower than the standard OFR. About 0.2". It's not much but it would help...

Comment

When I got my 6 it had no trem (or electronics, for that matter) and I got a gold ESP Floyd off Jemsite for 15 bucks and stuck it in there. It works great, with nice sustain. So, I think any floyd or floyd licensed trem is likely to fit. An OFR qwould be best, but anything you've got lying around should tide you over short term anyway.
                Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Have a machinist modify the original studs with a bigger "v" notch, and go with a OFR.

Comment

Working...
                  X