Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just won a silver toothpaste Charvel for $172.50!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just won a silver toothpaste Charvel for $172.50!

I really liked those Charvels. I had a 475 Deluxe and I love this silver crackle finish even more.

Was it a great deal?

Charvel

Re: Just won a silver toothpaste Charvel for $172.50!

Any Model or Toothpaste import for less than $200 is a great deal, period.

Nice score!

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Re: Just won a silver toothpaste Charvel for $172.

How are those necks like?

I recall that they were not as thick as my Model 6 no?

Is that a real Schaller Floyd and what is that humbucker version too?

Thanks!

Comment

My Predator has what I consider to the be the perfect neck..at least for me. Wide, flat and thin. I have small hands and it fits me perfectly.

Mike
        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that on the bay a few days ago. That is definitely a nice score. I've got a 650xl in the silver sparkle finish. It might be kind of cool to have a few different Toothpaste Charvels in that color. Hmmm, maybe someday...

Comment

nice score..

I agree less than $200.00 was a great deal !

congrats

Comment

200 bucks shipped, how could ya go wrong. Congrats on the score. Enjoy my friend [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice score dude!!
                Good deals with:
                Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Yeah, you stole that one. I paid $280 for one just like it - granted, it was in new old stock condition and had the silver trem and locknuts, but $172 is still great.

I put a Duncan JB in mine. Sounds way better than it used to.

Comment

Nice!! I picked up one recently as well for about the same price. They are out here for good prices.

Comment

BTW just what model is that?

Is this a 475 model of some sorts?

Comment

375, no active midboost

Comment

I bid on that one too - but I only went to $150 (4th highest bid!!), and, of course, got aced out. Congrats on the guitar - if you ever decide to move it (or if you'd like to trade it for an Ibanez RG450 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) let me know!

Can't beat the price on that guitar. It doesn't look like it was really even used much!

Comment

Sorry that I managed to outbid you Chris!

Did you notice that the truss rod cover still has the plastic film? Seems as though you are right about the guitar having very little use. So then the 375 would have still been the slighty thinner neck than say the old Model Charvels no?

I am actually very glad that it has no mid-boost. I prefer less knobs and I will just drop a Full Shred in the bridge and be done with it.

I don't suppose that the single cols are actually hum-cancelling huh?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Sorry that I managed to outbid you Chris!

Did you notice that the truss rod cover still has the plastic film? Seems as though you are right about the guitar having very little use. So then the 375 would have still been the slighty thinner neck than say the old Model Charvels no?

I am actually very glad that it has no mid-boost. I prefer less knobs and I will just drop a Full Shred in the bridge and be done with it.

I don't suppose that the single cols are actually hum-cancelling huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

No biggie - you wanted it more! If you ever want to part with it though, let me know. I have the matching Charvel Fusion!

The neck is going to be pretty close to the Model series. I don't think you'll notice much difference. Yeah - I noticed the truss rod cover - that's why I figure she's probably a closet classic. I'm with you on the mid-boost - the simpler the better. I'll bet a Full Shred will sound nice in there. I've had them in a couple BC Rich's and really loved that pickup. Nice med-high output pup with a nice middy sound and less harsh than the JB. I should put those in everything I have... Nope - the singles aren't hum-cancelling, but they are pretty quiet depending on your amp settings. Enjoy (and then sell it to me!!). [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X