Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotted a 750XL (?) at the local guitar shop...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted a 750XL (?) at the local guitar shop...

I spotted a used Charvel at the guitar store yesterday, archtop, flame maple top with like a cherry sunburst finish, string through, H/H, bound rosewood board with sharkfins and a Charvel toothpaste logo...Am I correct in thinking this is a 750XL? They have it marked at $699.99 Canadian which is like $550 or so US...It's in great condition, I found no damage, so is this a fair price? Seems kinda high to me for an import but I know that these are pretty desireable so maybe it's worth a little more...

Re: Spotted a 750XL (?) at the local guitar shop...

Seems to be a 750XL for sure, it looks exactly like this one in the gallery...

The caption in the gallery says that the string through version is rare, think its worth the asking price then?

Comment

Re: Spotted a 750XL (?) at the local guitar shop...

<font color="aqua">definitely! Try it out and if you like it and can afford it, grab it! </font>
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Re: Spotted a 750XL (?) at the local guitar shop..

$550 for a mint 750xl is a good price. I would have no reservations spending that much on one. They are amazing guitars.

On a side note, I think that the picture from the gallery you posted is of one of mine. If that one was Eric's who sold it to Mike, who sold it to me...

It looks like the same grain as the one on the left. It's quite possibly the best flame I've seen on a 750.

Comment

If it is in good shape , grab and run before he raises the price.They are awesome guitars and VERY hard to find in ST.The trem version is a lot more common.The only reason I sold it was because I prefer ebony over rosewood.And I had a deal to pick up a Archtop Pro.
          Mike
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            If it is in good shape , grab and run before he raises the price.They are awesome guitars and VERY hard to find in ST.The trem version is a lot more common.The only reason I sold it was because I prefer ebony over rosewood.And I had a deal to pick up a Archtop Pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm glad you did. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome guys thanks for the responses! I may grab it in a few weeks if I have the money, chances are it'll still be there, no one else in this town will know what it is anyways...

One question, does anyone know if these are 25.5" or 24.75" scale?

Comment

Short scale 24.75 [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                Mike
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Heh, I'm playing mine right now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

That looks to be a good pick up ! Let us know when you get it.

Comment

550.00 is a good price for a new or like new string thru. I paid slightly less for mine new in '95 with case for that. The thing sat in the store unsold next to a blue 650XL for years. I almost bought the 650xl instead just because of the floyd, but ended up with the string thru as it seemed unique at the time.
                      The guitar has quite a bit of bulk in the body to it but with a shorter scale, so it is much like a Les Paul meets a Strat.

Comment

I've been happy with mine... Paid $444 Canadian. It's mint too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X