Questions about the 650XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions about the 650XL

to the best of my knowledge yes the headstocks on the 650xl's that i have seen match even the magenta white & black, i own a charvel spectrum(same era)that is dessert crackle and the headstock does match! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Another change from the model 6 to the 650xl was indeed the matching headstock. All 650xl's should have the matching headstock regardless of finish. At least that is my impression.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Cool thanks guys!!! Does that crackle finish have a matching headstock?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, front and back. The problem with that particular guitar is that the "matching headstock" is hanging on by a thread. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Did the white ones have a black binding and/or black logo? Any pics of those around? Thanks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Did the white ones have a black binding and/or black logo? Any pics of those around? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

They had a black logo, but cream-colored binding. I know, because I used to have one. Sorry, no pics anymore. I don't know of any of the Japanese Charvels that had black binding. That is fairly uncommon.

Comment

Pic of mine is in the "Toothpaste" post. It's a heavy guitar and seems to weigh the same as my LP.

Comment

but why would anyone want to change a schaller gainst an OFR?
                you're sure this will be worse the money?
                I've got a schaller in my mod5FX and it's just great.
                as far as I've heard they are even built at the same place.
                I'd maybe just keep it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Schaller makes the OFRs, and the Schaller trem (JT590) actually works better on these because the "pullup" route is too short for OFR string-lock screws to go into, so they crash onto the surface.

I just got in a white 650XL - matching headstock, ivoroid binding, blak OFR/hardware (might go all gold) - it's beautiful [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Keep it black, bro. And post some pics. You know the rules.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Schaller makes the OFRs, and the Schaller trem (JT590) actually works better on these because the "pullup" route is too short for OFR string-lock screws to go into, so they crash onto the surface.

I just got in a white 650XL - matching headstock, ivoroid binding, blak OFR/hardware (might go all gold) - it's beautiful [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I *almost* bought that guitar. I finally decided that the lack of a 7th string was enough to break the deal.

You stole it at that price...
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                      X